“Perfect home from home for family getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
Cliffs at Carrick-a-rede rope bridge Waterfoot bay
Living room
Open living dining room
Brand new kitchen!
Glenariff Forest Park waterfall
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
JoleCoDow...
Co.Down
“Perfect home from home for family getaway”
Reviewed 6 January 2014 for a stay in August 2013

Having not been to Waterfoot for many years, I booked this house for a wee bit of a break for me and my family after a hectic year. The scenery we enjoyed on the coastal road drive up was breathtaking, Waterfront itself is a small village, the kind of blink and you'll miss it job. The house is located on the "main" (or only street!) and is easy to find, plus the directions the owner provided helped.
The house is charming- it was clean and comfortable. The living room has a couple of sofas and an open fire. There was some coal and sticks provided in case you wanted to light the fire which I thought was a nice touch, but the weather was fabulous and we didn't need it. The dining area is in the sitting room close to the kitchen which made feeding the family a bit easier. The small but sufficient kitchen was well equipped with crockery and the like.
Upstairs there are three bedrooms including one with bunk beds where my kids slept. My husband and I slept in the room next. The bed was comfortable and there was plenty of storage to put our stuff away. One of the major pluses for me having young kids in tow was the large enclosed garden at the back. The kids were are to play out there to their hearts content and I didn't have to worry knowing there were safe. The garden was also handy for BBQs on a couple of the nights.
The location of the house was fantastic- we were only a stone's throw from the beach and it was a handy base for us to explore the glens and all it had to offer. We found the locals to be friendly and helpful.
All in all, I definitely won't leave it years to come back to Waterfoot and we would stay here again. It certainly delivers the ingredients to recharge the batteries and have a lovely family break. It is amazing what's on your doorstep in Northern Ireland.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Travelling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Management Response
22 Jan 2014
Thank you for the lovely comments. We look forward to welcoming you back for your next stay :-)
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing