All reviews sunday carvery wedding reception waiting staff bride and groom wedding meal coach party breakfast was buffet style potatoes night porter hotel restaurant food was lovely course meal tea and coffee plenty of parking antrim coast steak northern ireland
Reviewed 31 December 2017 via mobile

We stayed for a wedding, the staff where very nice and helpful. As soon as we arrived we felt welcome but the room was the issue. As soon as we got in it has a smell of sewers which sort of ruined the stay but the wife did not want to complain about it. The dinner we had in the hotel was very nice but don't think we would stay again due to what you get for the price.

2  Thank Richywel
Reviewed 30 December 2017 via mobile

Ive always wanted to visit Carrickfergus so booked into this venue with 3 rooms, myself, my son, and my daughter. Reception and parking were brilliant and speedy, rooms are top class, however... the most-unhappy and disinterested bar lady I’ve ever met. Asked for a hot chocolate for my daughter who has flu, her care was below 0! Just no interest. Go into the town and forget any taxi - there are none/unless you know someone! So all in all - not what i expected at all.

The Windrose still holds its own, class, real top class.... thank you.

Carrick - done it, not again!

Reviewed 22 December 2017 via mobile

Great service and fantasic food. Had a vegetarian with use and they mixed and matched xmas menu with normal menu.would recommend restaurant to everyone fantasic. Couldn't complain about anything and on the 15th of December amazing.

Reviewed 18 December 2017 via mobile

My review is based on the loughshore as I see it price fixing and really poor customer service when I knew the date we were to attend the wedding I went online to book my room only to be told to phone to book the room as if I mentioned the wedding we would get discount on the room i did this yet discovered the room had gone up in price with discount from £114 without discount to £120 supposedly with discount double rooms went up in price from £76 to £90 when guests mentioned they were staying as part of a wedding I had contacted the hotel re this I was given no explanation only told someone would contact me and on one phone call with the hotel when I pointed out the room was still £114 online they had the audacity to go on and change the price while I was on the phone the hotel then just stopped answering emails to explain this in my opinion they are making a lot of money of people booking weddings and are fooling the bride and groom into thinking they are giving discount when in reality they are pushing up the prices of they're rooms on these occasions making it look like they are giving discounts to guests. Check in also takes forever and staff seem very inexperienced it is the only wedding I've attended where most of the hotel staff were actually quite unpleasant I don't know if the hotel manager was aware of this i did request that the manager contact me but like everything else it fell on deaf ears. I do have to praise the one member of staff who actually went over and above on the day and was very pleasant "Dave" he definitely stood out from all staff

3  Thank Kelly M
Reviewed 14 December 2017

We used this hotel as a long stay business trip. I can not thank Gary and reception team enough for all the help with allocating the rooms and any conference rooms we have required.

My colleagues have highly rated the rooms saying they are lovely and are always kept nice and clean.

The staff are always friendly and polite and as I said very helpful. I really couldn't fault this hotel and their staff for all of there help.

Have a lovely Christmas and New year everyone at the Loughshore Hotel you have been fab

Deva Team x x x

Room tip: Friendly helpful staff nothing is too much trouble.
Date of stay: October 2017