Seascape Country House
USD 195*
Priceline
USD 180*
Parklands(Carrickfergus)
All reviewsb bsulster fryown devicesher husbandnorthern irelanda wonderful stayfollowing morninghome from homefree wifievening mealone nightmargaretnormangobbinswhiteheadbedroomaccommodation
Reviewed 21 August 2017

I booked this B&B to spend the night upon arriving off the ferry in Larne last Wednesday evening. Margaret was so pleasant and helpful on the phone and we were far from disappointed when we met her upon arrival. She was so welcoming and we immediately felt so at home there. When she showed us to our room we were so impressed. The decor is truly gorgeous, the view from the window stunning and Margaret has thought of everything that one could possibly need down to small flashlights on the lockers. Tea and coffee making facilities were excellent and the large china cups and saucers were beautiful.Margaret advised us of a lovely restaurant nearby in Carrickfergus for our evening meal. Breakfast the following morning was delicious and extra toast etc. was offered. Our only regret was that we had to go home after just one night. I can honestly say that having stayed in many B&Bs throughout Ireland and the UK over the years that Seascape is the nicest one I have ever stayed in.Definitely worthy of my title 'The Cream of the Crop'. We hope to go back there again and stay longer this time. Thank you Margaret for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
seascape2016, Owner at Seascape Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2017

Carol thanks for your very kind remarks about Seascape.
We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us and
hope you will return again in the future.
Kindest regards,
Margaret.

Reviewed 27 July 2017 via mobile

Stayed there and was made very welcome. Tea/Coffee facilities are available in the bedroom. Fabulous Ulster fry the next morning to set me up for the day. Would definitely recommend this for a place to stay.

Stayed: June 2017, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 July 2017 via mobile

It was a wonderful time with Margret and her husband at Seascape. They did everything that we felt comfortable at Seascape. Lovely breakfast and even medicine support for one of us. Margret gave us much support and ideas for what to do in that area. Perfect spot to go to the gobbins. Unfortunately we couldn't go to the Gobbins cause it was booked out for weeks. Thanks again for everything.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family
seascape2016, Owner at Seascape Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 19 July 2017

Good morning Marco,
Thank you for your very kind remarks. Norman and I certainly
enjoyed having you stay with us. Sorry the Gobbins was fully
booked but come back again in the future to Seascape and include
the Gobbins Walk in your plans.
My good wishes to you all.
Kindest regards,
Margaret.

Reviewed 1 June 2017

I booked Seascape during a visit to Whitehead for my friend's wedding and was very pleased I had booked here!

Margaret and Norman were lovely and made me feel very welcome. Margaret especially is good for a chat if you want to have one, but will leave you to your own devices if you are not seeking a chat.

The place was spotless and the bed very comfortable. The décor was gorgeous and I loved looking at the view out of my bedroom window. The shower is powerful and there was free wifi.

Margaret was kind enough to put an electric blanket in my room to ensure I was kept warm, and Norman drove my friends and I to the wedding nearby.

I must not forget - Margaret's Ulster fry was AMAZING! I had it both mornings and it is a big portion. There are plenty of other breakfast options available if you don't want a fry up.

It is like a home from home and I would recommend this place to anyone! I hope to return in the near future, even if only to chat to Margaret! :-)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We stayed in ten B&B's on our recent holiday in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Seascape Country House was the best of the lot; beautifully and tastefully decorated, great breakfasts, good sized rooms all contributed to our enjoyment. And Margaret and Norman were friendly, competent, and there when we needed them. The rates were modest, and we considered this among the best values we experienced in a stay. We will definitely return on our next trip to Northern Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lough.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple