All reviews b bs own devices a wonderful stay her husband northern ireland full irish breakfast following morning home from home free wifi evening meal one night margaret norman gobbins lambs whitehead accommodation
Reviewed 1 June 2017

I booked Seascape during a visit to Whitehead for my friend's wedding and was very pleased I had booked here!

Margaret and Norman were lovely and made me feel very welcome. Margaret especially is good for a chat if you want to have one, but will leave you to your own devices if you are not seeking a chat.

The place was spotless and the bed very comfortable. The décor was gorgeous and I loved looking at the view out of my bedroom window. The shower is powerful and there was free wifi.

Margaret was kind enough to put an electric blanket in my room to ensure I was kept warm, and Norman drove my friends and I to the wedding nearby.

I must not forget - Margaret's Ulster fry was AMAZING! I had it both mornings and it is a big portion. There are plenty of other breakfast options available if you don't want a fry up.

It is like a home from home and I would recommend this place to anyone! I hope to return in the near future, even if only to chat to Margaret! :-)

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2017

We stayed in ten B&B's on our recent holiday in Ireland and Northern Ireland. Seascape Country House was the best of the lot; beautifully and tastefully decorated, great breakfasts, good sized rooms all contributed to our enjoyment. And Margaret and Norman were friendly, competent, and there when we needed them. The rates were modest, and we considered this among the best values we experienced in a stay. We will definitely return on our next trip to Northern Ireland.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the lough.
  • Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Margaret and Norman were so welcoming and so helpful. They couldn't do enough for us even arranging a table at a local pub/restaurant and taking us there too! The rooms were really comfortable with good facilities and the views of Belfast Lough were stunning. The breakfast was excellent too!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2016

20 years ago, I just accidentally found Norman and Margaret's newly opened B and B. I was with with my niece Sara Power and her Dad Derm visiting from Newfoundland Canada. After checking in and mentioning where we were from, Norman said we had visitors from there last year. Low and behold we went to the guest book to see my Dad Walter's signature as well as my two brothers (Walter Jr. and Fabian) and uncle Gerry all with the Manning surname. I knew then it was the couple that Dad had so fondly spoke of and the only people in Ireland that he had sent a Christmas card to that year because I was sent to the post office with it. My Dad just passed at the age of 86 on May 21, 2016 and in his memory I make this post to say I am so glad to see you are still hard at it serving the travelling public. May see you some day please God. Our stay there was memorably clean and very hospitable. I will never forget the Ulster Fry or the ocean view and the openness of the landscape overlooking the coast.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We have just returned from an 8 week trip around UK & Ireland using 41 different B&Bs and found Seascape Country House an excellent place to stay.

Upon our arrival we were warmly welcome by Norm and Margaret and felt like long time friends or extended family members rather than paying guests.

Their home is delightful and our room for the night was very comfortable. It had lovely views of Belfast Lough, was very clean with large en suite and good quality towels and toiletries supplied.

Margaret suggested we might like to dine at Bentra Grill a short drive away which proved to be a good option with nice meals and good service.

Breakfast was great. It started with fresh berries. Neil was game enough to order the huge Ulster Fry (eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, white pudding, tomato, mushroom, soda bread, potato bread & wheaten bread) way too much for me but I was very happy with pancakes & maple syrup.

We both thoroughly enjoyed meeting Margaret & Norm and spending the night with them. For anyone who prefers a more rural experience rather than the hustle and bustle of Belfast we have no hesitation in recommending Seascape.

Many thanks Margaret & Norm for a great night. Wishing you all the very best for the future and a speedy recovery Margaret from your recent operation.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
seascape2016, Owner at Seascape Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Hello Marilyn Neil,
My son has just taught me how to respond to comments on Trip Advisor and
I would like to thank you for your excellent comments about Seascape in
Whitehead and that you put us as one of your favourite B&Bs in your trip
around Ireland.
We trust that you are both well and again thank you very much.
Kindest regards,