All reviews b bs own devices a wonderful stay her husband northern ireland full irish breakfast following morning home from home free wifi evening meal one night margaret norman gobbins lambs whitehead accommodation
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Margaret and Norman were so welcoming and so helpful. They couldn't do enough for us even arranging a table at a local pub/restaurant and taking us there too! The rooms were really comfortable with good facilities and the views of Belfast Lough were stunning. The breakfast was excellent too!

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 August 2016

20 years ago, I just accidentally found Norman and Margaret's newly opened B and B. I was with with my niece Sara Power and her Dad Derm visiting from Newfoundland Canada. After checking in and mentioning where we were from, Norman said we had visitors from there last year. Low and behold we went to the guest book to see my Dad Walter's signature as well as my two brothers (Walter Jr. and Fabian) and uncle Gerry all with the Manning surname. I knew then it was the couple that Dad had so fondly spoke of and the only people in Ireland that he had sent a Christmas card to that year because I was sent to the post office with it. My Dad just passed at the age of 86 on May 21, 2016 and in his memory I make this post to say I am so glad to see you are still hard at it serving the travelling public. May see you some day please God. Our stay there was memorably clean and very hospitable. I will never forget the Ulster Fry or the ocean view and the openness of the landscape overlooking the coast.

• Stayed: September 2015, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2016

We have just returned from an 8 week trip around UK & Ireland using 41 different B&Bs and found Seascape Country House an excellent place to stay.

Upon our arrival we were warmly welcome by Norm and Margaret and felt like long time friends or extended family members rather than paying guests.

Their home is delightful and our room for the night was very comfortable. It had lovely views of Belfast Lough, was very clean with large en suite and good quality towels and toiletries supplied.

Margaret suggested we might like to dine at Bentra Grill a short drive away which proved to be a good option with nice meals and good service.

Breakfast was great. It started with fresh berries. Neil was game enough to order the huge Ulster Fry (eggs, bacon, sausage, black pudding, white pudding, tomato, mushroom, soda bread, potato bread & wheaten bread) way too much for me but I was very happy with pancakes & maple syrup.

We both thoroughly enjoyed meeting Margaret & Norm and spending the night with them. For anyone who prefers a more rural experience rather than the hustle and bustle of Belfast we have no hesitation in recommending Seascape.

Many thanks Margaret & Norm for a great night. Wishing you all the very best for the future and a speedy recovery Margaret from your recent operation.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled as a couple
seascape2016, Owner at Seascape Country House, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2016

Hello Marilyn Neil,
My son has just taught me how to respond to comments on Trip Advisor and
I would like to thank you for your excellent comments about Seascape in
Whitehead and that you put us as one of your favourite B&Bs in your trip
around Ireland.
We trust that you are both well and again thank you very much.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 13 July 2016

We stayed here in June 2016 and cannot recommend it enough.
Superb, in every way, would best sum it up, and with Margaret as a perfect hostess
Spotless rooms , set back from the main road, surrounded by fields and with views over Belfast Lough

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple

Hello Tim,
Thank you for your very kind comments about Seascape on Trip Advisor
and for taking the time to do so.
We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and again many thanks.
Please give my regards to Jean.

Reviewed 13 June 2016 via mobile

Stayed here for 2 nights. House is beautiful and spotlessly clean. Margaret and Norman are lovely and very welcoming. Bed really comfortable. Big room with a two seater couch and a coffee table. Big bathroom with walk in shower. Great wifi. Lovely view from bedroom across the Lough. Great choice for breakfast. Loved sitting in the garden looking out over the Lough listening to the birds after breakfast. A few minutes drive to the beautiful town of Whitehead. About 10 minutes to Carrickfergus. About 10 minutes to The Gobbins. If you're looking for a comfortable relaxed central stay this is it. 100 percent recommend it.

Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends

Hello Geraldine - Hello Chris,
Sorry for the delay in getting back to you to thank you for your very kind
comments on Trip Advisor. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay
and hope that some day we may see you again.
Kindest regards,