“Quick stop off for a buffet lunch”
Review of Mandarin Buffet

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Mandarin Buffet
Ranked #27 of 48 Restaurants in Cookstown
Reviewed 22 June 2017 via mobile

Was in Cookstown on Monday morning & decided to call in to the Mandarin Buffet. We were greeted by a very pleasant waitress on arrival & escorted to a choice of seating areas. The surroundings are bright, extremely clean & the U tampered stone wall finish really add to the ambience.
The food was hot & tasty & there was a wide variety to choose from. The salted chilli fries, noodles, chicken balls, chicken curry were all delicious. My favourite dish was the sweet & sour chicken. I haven't tasted a sweet and sour as good in years!! The deserts are fine, nothing to get excited about & there were no banana or pineapple fritters but the main courses well & truly make up for the mediocre desserts.
The lunch buffet during the week is less than £7 which is an absolute bargain.
Would I visit again? Definitely! Food rating has to be at least 9 out of 10.
Nearly forgot to mention - the staff are friendly, good craic & an asset to the business.

1  Thank ACE999

Reviewed 6 November 2016

Come here regularly with the family (they all love it).
Eat all you want buffet.
Value for money (price depends on day & time visited).
Simple straightforward 'help yourself' layout.
Frequent replenishment with freshly cooked food.
Good variety of chicken dishes but some could maybe have stronger flavours (and I don't mean by just adding more salt as some are already over salted).

Little variety of dessert - but then who has room for dessert.

Overall worth the visit but I would like to see more flavours.

Will we be back - of course we will (when the salt wears off my lips).

9  Thank EKelly999
Reviewed 7 October 2016 via mobile

we are in here in October the food was lovely great value for money. You get far to much to eat I couldn't finished it all. My kids loved it. we definitely will be back as a family.x

2  Thank louiseb123456789
Reviewed 19 July 2016

they keep adding fresh food .great selection of food except for the desserts not many but once you eat dinner you may not need dessert.staff are good for drinks the rest is self service. I do not like lots of food that is not good but here you get as much as you want but its good.downside you may have to wait 5 mins on a fresh dish you like but is always worth the wait. this is my first review of this place but I have been here many times.

2  Thank 705paddy
Reviewed 31 March 2016 via mobile

Ample parking in this old stone building & nicely decorated interior.

Some staff could do with customer service training.

The food is self service, basic Chinese food on offer and not all dishes are hot.

All in all, an average experience and would love to see some competition nearby. I've eaten in many different buffets that offer an extensive array and choice, so be warned!

2  Thank 1NPK1