“I can't pronounce it but I like it.”
Review of Pethau Da - Cafe

Pethau Da - Cafe
Ranked #11 of 150 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Cuisines: British
Description: Fabulous coffee, home cooked lunches and deli options in beautiful surroundings
Reviewed 13 September 2018 via mobile

We decided to try this cafe/ restaurant for breakfast. The menus come on clipboards which adds to the style of the place and staff are friendly and helpful. We were told that it was ok to swap items on the menu if you didn't like or want them or the chef would try to make you what you wanted in reason. So I swapped the poached egg to scrambled and the dreaded black pudding to beans. It came out in the style of a giant breakfast sandwich but I doubt anyone has a mouth big enough to eat it like one. It was a very delicious meal and even when the cakes gave me the eye. I knew that couldn't fit anymore in my stomach. I withdrew defeated to the shops to work it off and get some things. I wasn't hungry til 4pm that afternoon after that gorgeous delicious food.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 28 August 2018 via mobile

Stopped here on journey back after holidaying in cardigan. Had a very nice breakfast and coffee. It's lovely to find a quality cafe that welcomes dogs. Would highly recommend.

Reviewed 27 August 2018

Called in for lunch a couple of weeks ago. Good food and atmosphere. Really good service. Will definitely be going back again.

Steve & Val Porthcawl

Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Been meaning to try the food here ever since it opened, finally got round to it and was not disappointed. I had the avocado and poached egg on sourdough toast which tasted so fresh, shame I didn't take a picture as it looked as good as it tasted. Other half had the breakfast which also looked quality, he said it tasted really good. Lovely environment, will definitely be going back to try out the lunch menu.

Reviewed 12 August 2018

A nice place to eat, good choice of food and drinks. My only criticism would be that the plates come out of the kitchen cold and quickly chills your food.