“Great tasting food”

Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed 5 weeks ago via mobile

We were visiting my son who lives within walking distance and wanted a bite to eat in the evening. We walked here and had a great warm welcome and fabulous food.

Whilst I was making use of the ladies the men organised poppadoms which were on the table with a great selection of sauces and accomplishments.

The starters were speedy but hit and fresh which were soon devoured. The mains we all choose something different and all three of us commented and how we were enjoying the dishes. The service was attentive and not intrusive, they ensured our drinks were offered to be refilled as required.

At the end of the meal we choose to have Indian ice cream which was very lovely and they washed and brought us the lovely ceramic bowls to take home.

In all three adults, three courses and drinks for less than £80. Most enjoyable.

Reviewed 9 November 2018

Travelling alone, if my hotel does not do evening meal I need something really local. This restaurant is across the road from the rear dark of The Spilman Hotel. Staff were welcoming and the food was excellent. I never felt intimidated eating on my own which is not the case in some places. I had chicken tikka masala, mushroom pilau rice and aloo gobi, there was plenty of it, too much in fact, complimentary pickles and poppodums, a large cobra and I thought for £20, it was great value

Reviewed 7 November 2018

I have a take away meal from here at least once a month but recently had time to sit in for a meal in the restaurant. Really worth the visit, the quality and taste was even better and really enjoyed the experience. Friendly helpful staff as always and good value.

Reviewed 29 October 2018 via mobile

I phoned and booked a table for 8 as a surprise for my husband's birthday 3 weeks in advance, when my surprise guests
turn up they were told there was no booking,they were waiting out in the cold when we arrived,I went inside to see a member of staff who had attitude,he said there was no booking,he was not interested at all that they had messed up,he asked me if I was in the right place,he then walked off,I was lucky that Cinnamon saved the night,with great service and friendly staff,we will be going there from now on.i was a regular to Gingers but no more.

Date of visit: October 2018
1  Thank Anna C
Reviewed 18 October 2018

Our family has been going to Ginger for years now, mostly for birthday dinners. It's really tasty every time and the staff are always professional, but also cheerful and happy to joke with us too. The dessert choices are great and refreshing (the pineapple and coconut desserts are our favourites). We recommend Ginger if you're having an evening meal out in Carmarthen.

Date of visit: October 2018