“Fantastic food with generous portions”
Review of Cinnamon

Cinnamon
Ranked #1 of 142 Restaurants in Carmarthen
Price range: USD 13 - USD 40
Description: Very friendly family run restaurant with very good welcome and very tasty food and very reasonable prices you will leave smiling our food is different from the Indian restaurant in the area so don't miss out
Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Been here on 3 seperate occasions with both family and friends and have not been disappointed! Plenty of choice for food, the meals are a generous portion and the naan breads are amazing! The staff are fantastic, with brilliant humour and all work extremely hard. Lovely atmosphere in the restaurant also. Our last experience we were lucky to get in as the restaurant had one table left as so busy. Would definately recommend

Reviewed 2 September 2017

I decided that I wanted to visit my cousin and she mentioned that she had not been for a curry for a long time. Not knowing the area, I did a Trip Advisor search (what else would you use) and up came the Cinnamon.

It was clear from the reviews that this restaurant had only recently opened but that being said, I have never seen a review profile with 95% excellent; so it was really a no brainer.

I started with the prawn puri, which unlike other Indian restaurants, did not come out as though it had first been under a steam roller. The prawns were very succulent and the whole dish was very tasty. I had seen from the reviews that everyone had raved about their chicken chat so I suggested that to my cousin; it did not disappoint at all.

For the main, we both had lamb tikka naga. For those not in the know, naga chilies are serious hot and that is why it is rarely served in curry houses. We both agreed that the curry was well cooked, with excellent spices and was very tasty. (To those not in the know, this was nothing like a phall which is generally only eaten for the sake of bravado, if you can eat it at all). Our curries were accompanied by garlic rice, coconut rice, mushroom massala, bhinji massala (okra to you and me) and onion bhaji. Everything is was very tasty, especially the okra and the only slight let down was that the onion bhaji came up flat rather than the traditional round ball but, nevertheless, it was very tasty and delicately spiced.

We enjoyed our curries at the Cinnamon so much that we are going back in two days and will try other dishes in this delightful restaurant.

I really do recommend that you go here, even if you have to travel slightly farther than normal. I assure you that you will not be disappointed.

1  Thank Goaty2
Reviewed 30 August 2017 via mobile

I usually go out with a group of friends for Indian food around the Swansea and surrounding areas. Coming from an Asian background myself I normally say the food I have at these restaurants is generally "ok and nothing special". But with the Cinnamon restaurant we drove all the way from Swansea to give it a try and I have to say the food was amazing and really really tasty. I can definitely see myself driving to Cinnamon more often for a decent and tasty curry. Well done guys keep up the good work.

1  Thank Mohammed A
Reviewed 29 August 2017

Our favourite Indian Restaurant in Carmarthen has always been Gingers. Not any more. A friend recommended Cinnamon, and we thought we'd try it because he told us some of the staff used to be at Gingers. Monday night but really quite busy, for takeaway as well as people sitting down to eat. Good sign. And partly explained why service was a bit slow, or so we thought. However, we soon learned that all dishes are cooked to order, which actually meant service was quite fast overall. And it was well worth the short wait. Just as described on the menu, which has plenty of choice. Just right portion size. And very tasty - everything a good Indian restaurant should be and which we hadn't realised we'd been missing out on for years until this evening. And very good value - 2 courses with drinks for 4 people for £20 a head, exc tip (and one of those restaurants where it is a real pleasure to leave a good tip).
But if the food was worth the visit, Kobi (Manager? Owner?) made it a restaurant we'll be returning to very soon. A real character, who is really friendly and welcoming, and who manages to engage, entertain, and yet looks after his customers really well.
Highly recommended

1  Thank Ray S
Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

Excellent service and food. KOBI and band of men keep it up your exepionate love your restaurant just keep me a regular table