“Canal Court, Newry”

Ranked #1 of 8 Hotels in Newry
Lincoln, United Kingdom
“Canal Court, Newry”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

Good points - Immaculate hotel, great food at reasonable prices, nice rstaurants, friendly & polite staff, good car park, overlooks Newry canal.
Bad points - rooms poor sound proofing, lots of noise from doors slamming, lifts, people talking, TVs etc. Heating in rooms is blown air which is very noisey. I had to change rooms because the first one was next to the lift and the heating didn't work. Doors slamming until after midnight and from 5am.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank John O
DeborahNewry, General Manager at Canal Court Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 4 February 2012
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us. I am disappointed that some aspects of your stay were less than satisfactory & in particular the noise aspects of your room. I appreciate your kind comments in relation to the food, restaurants & staff within the hotel but am extremely sorry that our night staff were unable to ensure you had a peaceful and relaxing stay. I would be extremely grateful if you could contact me on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com as I would like to fully investigate how this occurred.

Many Thanks & Kind Regards
Miss Deborah Ferguson

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (172)
  • Polish first
liverpool
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

I stayed at this hotel in late October and i cannot praise it enough. Luxurious, charming and warming after a very stressful week. The beds are huge and so comfy. The hotel is very central in Newry and only a walk away to the shopping centre, restaurants and bars. The staff are extremely helpful and were happy to assist with all our needs. would stay here time and time again.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank emax38
Dear Guest
Many thanks for taking the time to review your stay with us in October past. I am delighted you had an enjoyable stay & we do hope you have the opportunity to visit again in the near future. We do have many great offers & breaks on throughout the year and these can all be viewed on our website as well as our facebook & twitter pages.
I will ensure your kind comments are passed on to the team and we do look forward to welcoming you back. If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.

Kind Regards & Many Thanks
newry
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2012

After checking their website and reading the menu online we decided to go out for a meal. After travelling to the hotel we find the restuarant was empty except for one table - no sign off any staff - when a staff member did appear they showed us to our table took our drinks order and left the menu - but not the same menu or the same prices as advertised on their website! When I asked for the menu which was currently on their website I was informed that this had not been available for more than three months. I told them it was still on their website and they did not seem to care - no apology - no attempt to offer a comparable menu - not a good way to do business - if this is how they treat customers no wonder the restaurant was empty! For many people a hotel website is the first point of contact and at the very least the customer deserves a website be current and factually correct, otherwise what's the point of having one? - very poor customer service.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank prop s
Dear Guest
I am extremely dissappointed to learn of your recent experience here at the Canal Court Hotel.
We aim to ensure all our online menus are current and retained up to date at all times however some menu's are marked as samples, only as these change on a daily basis.
At the time of your visit the Old Mill Restaurant had just shortly opened for the evening and both the A la Carte & Table D'hote Dinner Menus would have been available, as well as our Granary Bar Grill Menu being available on the Ground floor. The Bar Grill Menu offers a more casual & less expensive form of dining and is served each evening until 7.30pm ( Mon- Sat) and Sunday until 8pm. I am extremely sorry that you feel you received poor customer service and I can assure you that this will be immediately addressed. All our staff should be familiar with all menus available within the hotel and should have been able to provide advice on a menu to suit both your taste and budget. I do hope this recent experience will not deter you from revisiting and if you have the opportunity I would be delighted to meet with you & apologise in person.
Kind Regards
dferguson@canalcouyrthotel.com
Enniskillen, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2012

We stayed in the Superior Suite at the Canal Court for my birthday. The hotel is easily located and very Central.
Good car parking onsite and fairly secure.
Reception tream were excellent and always willing to help .
The room was lovely, spotlessly clean, with a living rooms and bedroom. The ensuite had a shower a jacuzzi. Housekeeping team were all very friendly.
Nice bowl of fruit on the table for our arrival and we were able to make use of the mini bar before going out.
Great breakfast but let down by the service.
Overall a great stay. Handy to the shops and local reataurants.

Room Tip: Suites are excellent.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 January 2012

I stayed in the canal court for 10 days for business and I had an excellent experience. We enjoyed the reasonably priced food in the bar so much that we ate there nearly every night, the portions are huge easily enough for two! The most impressive thing about this hotel is the customer service. The staff simply could not do enough for my party. There is an very popular cocktail bar and nightclub actually in the hotel on a Saturday night and we were treated almost like VIPs as guests at the hotel. A table was reserved for us, we had table service all night! During our stay we had the pleasure of chatting to many of the staff in this hotel and they are all incredibly friendly. The all seem pleased to be there, enjoying their jobs and commuted to making you feel welcome. The hotel itself is huge and a maze of beautifully decorated public rooms. The bedrooms are large and clean and I had a view over the canal which was lovely. The beds are gigantic almost as wide as long! The breakfast is excellent occaisionally took longer than expected but only when it was very busy. A special mention has to go to the brilliant pub quiz they have on a Wednesday (which we won!) it seems like the whole town turns out and it is a great evening. I travel all over the uk for business and have never been so impressed by a hotel.

• Stayed November 2011
3 Thank MissSLT
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking the time to review your recent stay with us and I am delighted you had an enjoyable & relaxing break with us. I will pass your kind comments to the team and we do very much appreciate your feedback.
I do hope you have the opportunity to visit again in the near future & If I can ever be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact me at anytime on dferguson@canalcourthotel.com.

Kind Regards
Miss Deborah Ferguson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Newry
8.5 km away
29.7 km away
Donard Hotel
Donard Hotel
#5 of 16 in Newcastle

Been to Canal Court Hotel & Spa? Share your experiences!