We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Tullah
Tarkine Trails - Tarkine Rainforest Retreat
“Bliss”
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

My partner and I were picked up from Launceston and from the moment we stepped into the van we knew we were in for a fun, educational and easy going experience!

All the guides were relaxed, knowledgeable and professional. The walks were calm and allowed for plenty of photo opportunities or even just moments to reflect.

The environment is like none other! Immense ancient trees that will leave you with your jaw on the floor. Microscopic fungi that come in all shapes and sizes, and some perhaps not even discovered yet!

All of our needs were met, even a vegan diet for myself. The long hut was a fantastic communal area to share stories but private tents were only a short distance away if you felt like retreating.

One of the highlights for me was the Japanese style shower. And the water was hot!

But the most important thing about this trip was the connection we made with this unique wilderness. It draws you in and infects your veins. You don't want to leave. And for that, as well as MANY other environmental reasons, it deserves protection.

Go. Experience it. And be amazed.

Stayed March 2016, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Bernadette C

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Reviewed 7 June 2016

Stunningly beautiful forest and rivers. An amazing profusion of brightly coloured fungi. We were completely supported in the wilderness environment. The walks were led at a leisurely pace with plenty of opportunity for rest, photography and just soaking it in. The long hut was a great meeting place and dining room, high above the forest on the top of Tiger Ridge. The accommodation consisted of a large, head high 2 room tent situated with privacy. We ate very well washed down with great coffee and Tasmanian wines. The guides were deeply knowledgeable about the area, flora and fauna, passionate in their concern for the environment and great fun. There was a lot of laughter. I would recommend this trip to anyone who would like a well supported trip in the Tasmanian Tarkine wilderness.

• Stayed May 2016, travelled with friends
1 Thank Charles C
Reviewed 1 June 2016

For anyone wanting to get right up close and personal with the Tasmanian rainforest and not an experienced bushwalker or even camper, then this is the ideal way to do it.

Everything is provided for you including transport, food, accommodation and expert guiding. The walks are very easy going and there's plenty of time to take in the scenery or take photos.

The food deserves special mention. There was cheese and biscuits, wine, beautiful main courses and desserts and even cooked lunches on our walks.

All up a great trip and highly recommended.

Room Tip: No noise in any room except the sounds of the rainforest at night.
  • Stayed May 2016, travelled solo
1 Thank John O
Mount Egerton, Australia
Reviewed 16 May 2016

What a way to start my new 'thing' of hiking. A 6 day bushwalk in one of the most beautiful parts of this beautiful country. The idea of going somewhere where so few people have been, leaving the 'civilised' world so far behind really appealed to me. It was green, it was quiet, it was full of the most wonderful array of fungi, of trees, ferns, grasses, fallen logs, 'totem poles' created by black cockatoos, masses of mosses, lichens, devil cameras, pristine rivers, cascading waterfalls. Heaven (yes, we really went there).

And the Tarkine Trail folk who make the visits possible - you seriously could not ask for better service (thanks Indianna!) nor better companions (not just guides or drivers - thanks Dan, thanks Erik, thanks Gino!) They all truly care about this planet and in particular this spectacular region. Their passion for it, for its continued existence, and for their part in showcasing the Tarkine to the world via their intimate tours, is inspiring. It bodes well for the future.

Carrying what I needed (well, mostly - thanks Mark!), drinking water from the river, sharing wonderful meals with good like-minded folk (hi Caroline, hi Jason, hi Brian!), snuggled at night in my sleeping bag in my little tent under the stars, getting to sleep not long after dark, feeling encouraged and supported by my fellow hikers (because yes, my short legs did make me last to arrive every time), I also felt supported by the environment, by the very air around me. I even swam in the river - totally NOT planned, but I couldn't resist it.

I plan to go again, next time on the Tarkine CoastTrail. It's good to know that, after that, if I don't feel up to a 6 day hike, with a 15k pack, Tarkine Trails has a rainforest base camp, where I can stay and just go on day walks into the forest. It looks beautiful.

I'd encourage everyone to get to the Tarkine, to see its majesty, to breathe in its essence, and to understand its importance.

Room Tip: My room was a tent in the forest - nice!
  • Stayed April 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2016 via mobile

I participated in the 6 day walk at the end of March this year. Camping, an acceptable pack weight following recommendations of gear to bring. Two wonderful guides, Trevor & Jane plus guest-porter Brodie. Two other guests on the trip. Food was prepared from scratch and really lovely & nourishing. On trail interpretation was excellent. Really focused us all on the now & on the environment we were walking through. The trail is a circular trip, no major backtracking. Soft forest floor made for nice walking and good camp sites. The real star of the trail is the stunning Tarkine itself. Magnificent rainforest, truly awe inspiring giant myrtle trees with statuesque tree ferns covered in filmy ferns. It was the time of Autumn fungi emergents too. Gets you focused on the minute. Really wonderful trip.

Stayed March 2016, travelled solo
1 Thank Anne G
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tullah
Tullah Lakeside Lodge
Zeehan Bush Camp and Caravan Park
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cottages
Cradle Mountain Highlanders Cott...
#1 of 6 in Cradle Mountain-Lake St. Clair National Park
No photo provided
Tullah Tavern
#1 of 1 in Tullah

Been to Tarkine Trails - Tarkine Rainforest Retreat? Share your experiences!