Tarkine Trails
  • Restaurant
  • Restaurant
All reviewsrainforest walklong houseancient rainforestbase campfrom scratchtree fernsknowledgeable guidespre triptemperate rainforestglowtrevorimmersedfunghitigerwalksinterpretationuntouched
Reviewed 29 January 2016

This walk was just life altering for me. It transformed my busy, cluttered mind and stressed body into one of peace and serenity and all with a greater appreciation of forest preservation, ecology and Tasmania. The walk challenged me but throughout I felt totally supported and cared for by Trevor, Jane and Erik. There were plenty of rest stops and time to lean on an ancient myrtle and soak up the incredible environment. The food was surprisingly gourmet and delicious and my dietary requirements were catered for on an exceptional level. I'll never forget the humour and laughs we shared along the trail and still quietly chuckle at some of the moments!
This place is truly beautiful and precious and I feel even more passionate about helping to preserve this 65 million year old tract of gondwana rainforest.
I would love to book in to do this walk every year for my own health and wellbeing but to support the tremendous work of Tarkine Trails.

Stayed: October 2015, travelled solo
2  Thank Cathy S
Reviewed 20 January 2016

We spent 3 lovely nights at the longhouse, the experience made wonderful by the efforts and kind-spiritedness of the guides (combined of course with the beauty of the rainforest!). Would highly recommend this to anyone looking for some time away, or really for any reason.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled with family
3  Thank Maxim A
Reviewed 15 January 2016 via mobile

What a fantastic experience! The forest itself was the most pristine, unpolluted place I've ever walked in and was just beautiful. The gear was great, the ground soft and I've never slept so well.
Our guides, Trevor and Jonny, were interesting, friendly, knowledgeable and passionate about the Tarkine. The meals Trevor provided were perfect especially for a person with IBS. Nothing was too much trouble. Jonny is a fun young guy who never made us more mature folks feel old! The porter Rick was a gem. He wasn't just a porter he was a kind, compassionate and thoughtful friend to my hiking companion, who at 32 has a permanent disability due to a stroke and epilepsy due to a brain bleed at the age of 13.
Thanks to Ms go/between, Indianna, who went to exceptional lengths to make sure all our various needs were met.
Thanks Tarkine Trails for a terrific 6 days in the wilderness and my only complaint was that it went too fast!

Stayed: January 2016, travelled solo
3  Thank Jeannie C
Reviewed 12 January 2016

Have just returned from amazing 6 day walk in the Tarkine. Superb organisation of every step of the journey. individual needs were all accommodated in a respectful and thorough manner. The rainforest is an untouched paradise and the whole experience was fantastic. The TT staff were all outstanding and incredibly helpful, in particular the 2 guides Trevor and Jonny who guided, cooked, informed and entertained and Rick who went way beyond his porter duties. If you are comfortable to carry a pack and sleep in tents this walk is a must do. Avoid the crowds of other Tassie trails and enter a pristine and unique environment that should be protected.

Stayed: January 2016, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Lisa G
Reviewed 11 December 2015 via mobile

Amazing rainforest and wilderness that you see on TV and say it can't be that beautiful! Well it is and more. You walk with a point of view that time is etched on the trees and rocks,history and culture echoing with each step. It's a great treat and one I'll never forget ! True freedom

Stayed: December 2015, travelled solo