All reviews belan bach hot tub on arrival long weekend nearest town is dishwasher tablets sat nav freeview channels be booking again about half an hour local area living room minute drive doing nothing location is beautiful pine lodge home from home
Reviewed 8 July 2012

Arrived to the hot tub already on and greeted by the owner who introduced himself and then left us to it which was nice. Lovely clean lodge that me my husband and the dog loved especially. Inside was appropriate for having a pet stay and the place was very clean and tidy. All kitchen utensils you could think of we're there and the dishwasher was a huge bonus for us. All in all a stunning location with plenty of walks and trails near by to take the dog. In the middle of nowhere and the nearest town is 20miles away with a few villages nearby but that suited us.

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank Sharonlouise1982
Reviewed 24 June 2012

I have just come back from Belan Bach lodges after my husband booked us a last minute few days away, the few days we had was not enough!
First of all please follow Hoseseasons guide to get to the place as you will get there with no problems...follow the satnav and you may end up somewhere else!! We arrived on Tuesday at 4pm and like many other reviews here there was no-one to greet us! However we phoned the mobile number and the owner told us to go to our lodge (Celywn 1) as the keys where in the door for us. The lodge has everything you could possibly need in it. It's cosy, comfortable and although the furniture is slightly worn and is lived in, you don't feel on edge using the furniture as you would in maybe somewhere that has brand new stuff. My only criticism of the lodge in general was the bed! It's not the best mattress and quite thin, however we used the quilt as another base and took the other quilts of the single beds to use as covers. we was so tired with all that Welsh air that I didn't sleep too badly though!
The hot tub was just BLISS!!! The views are spectacular and it's probably the most peaceful and tranquil place I have been to. I don't think I've ever had such a relaxing holiday.
Welshpool is about 30minutes away and has everything there you could possibly need. We ate at Cann Office Hotel a couple of nights, would recommend to everyone to have a meal there, it was really lovely. We visited the Welshpool and Llanfair Light Railway which we thoroughly enjoyed. I would most definitly recommend you go to Lake Vyrnwy, it's beautiful! We had a scrummy afternoon tea at the Lake Vyrnwy Hotel and then a beautiul walk to the waterfall!
All in all I had the most wonderful few days away. I came back home feeling extremely relaxed and very happy and would recommend Belan Bach Lodges as a peaceful, tranquil and beautiful place to stay. :)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fillyjane
Reviewed 19 May 2012

First of all I would like to say that the lodge and the facilities at Belan Bach were generally very good.

However:

On arrival at Belan Bach (4pm) there was no one on site to greet us and no obvious reception area. There is a house at the entry to the site which was we assumed was the reception even though there was no sign to say so. We knocked the doors of the house but received no reply. We found 2 phone numbers on the "Belan Bach" sign at the entrance to the site (one land line, one mobile number) so I rang these numbers. I received no reply on either (answer phone on the mobile). I tried these numbers about 5 times over the course of the next hour or so (ie up to just after 5pm) - I never received an answer and no one bothered to ring me back.

We noticed others arriving at the site at around 5pm. We saw that there were keys in the doors to 2 of the lodges (both the "Celyn" type lodges, one of which we had booked) so we just took up occupancy of Celyn Lodge 1, thinking that if there was a problem, the owners would visit us and let us know. Even if there wasn't a problem, we expected some contact, but in fact spent 2 days and 3 nights there and received no contact of any kind at all. We departed on Monday 7/5/12 the same as we had arrived - totally without any contact from anyone. Very strange!

There was nothing within the lodge (maps/guides etc) to advise of what services/facilities were available either at the lodge or in the vicinity. This would have been helpful as we are complete strangers in this area and this was our first trip there.

Also, the blowers on the hot tub were broken and there was a permanent buzzing sound coming from them. The jets and lights worked however and other than the blowers being broken, the hot tub was generally OK.

I would recommend Belan Bach to friends and family whilst pointing out the above drawbacks. I might consider advising them against booking via Ho Seasons given the very poor customer support that we have experienced on this occasion (and sadly on previous occasions - we hoped things might have improved). In fact, Hoseasons requested a review from me on my return home which I provided and in which I pointed out these criticisms - I have received no response whatsoever. No surprise really.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Gido D
Reviewed 11 May 2012 via mobile

Second time we've stayed here in these lodges, last time in Derwen and this time in Dynfant. Can't fault them to be honest, the seclution is bliss, just what we wanted and the hot tub is the icing on the cake. No there's not everything on your doorstep but that's the attraction, rolling fields and sheep for neighbours!! Derwen is the first lodge of the 6, better views across the valley than Dynfant (which is the last of the 6) but this is because it's slightly higher. I think Derwen is the newer lodge but we found both lovely. Essentials all there including bedding and towels, the owners also kindly put in a pint of milk and a roll of toilet paper. Found Dynfant to be the more private of them all because it's the last in the row but to be honest when we stayed in Derwen last year all the other lodges were occupied and I can't say I felt my privacy was being invaded and we spent most of our time in the hot tub, even in the rain!!! lol And at night we watched the rabbits, squirrels and birds right outside the window.

Welshpool is about half hour away where you'll find tesco and morrisons and there is a Londis shop about 6 miles away and on the road to Lake Vernwy a tiny post office which seems to stock everything (it's literally like a pandoras box!!) And unlike the other review said, there is a pub about 1.5-2 miles away. Can't comment as we didn't go there. Can recommend the nags inn for food though, about half hour drive and very very nice.

Also recommend Lake Vernwy and a stunning waterfall, pistyll rhaeadr in llanfair y mochnant.

I would recommend staying here if you want a peaceful secluded stay but not a million miles from town!

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Welsh_Lass2010
Reviewed 2 May 2012

My family and I spent a lovely week at Belan Bach lodges at the end of March.

There is a particularly bad review lower down on here, but I have no idea what these people were looking at. The accommodation was absolutely lovely. The hot tub was ready and waiting on our arrival and the lodge itself was very clean and tidy with all the amenities you could ever need.

The children had a wonderful time exploring the area which is well off the main road and safe, although if you have any very young children, be aware that there is a climbable fence behind the lodges that overlooks a steep drop down to a stream.

There are only a couple of points that I can't really call bad, more inconvenience than anything. The first is the internet. You can purchase internet access from the site owners themselves at £20 per week. The internet connection is okay but a little bit slow and there are no shops in walking distance.

The closest shop of any note is a Londis about 7 miles from the site, towards Welshpool (20 miles east). Getting to the site is very simple, just follow the directions given by Hoseasons and you will have no trouble finding it.

If you want to unwind in the most pleasant way possible, spend a week at these lodges. It has been a long while since I can remember a holiday being so stress free. I will be going back.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family