1,015 results
All reviews gold villa the ritz carlton bay villa gold ocean view pineapple grill ocean front honolua store resort shuttle oneloa beach living room golf courses are full kitchen washer and dryer dt fleming beach shuttle service granite countertops general store
Reviewed 19 August 2018

The view was absolutely amazing. We had a Gold Ocean Front 2-Story, 2-Bedroom, 3 Bath Villa. The view from each balcony was of Molokai, and Lanai could be seen as well. Absolutely breathtaking. However, the first thing I noticed was that the kitchen cabinets were absolutely filthy. No one had cleaned the cabinet doors or handles in a long while. We saw a few roaches on the countertops. The dishwasher worked, but the bottom of it was falling off of the unit. The baseboards were dirty throughout the unit, and doors - especially in the bathrooms - had many spills, stains, and smears of who knows what? The hard-surface floors were clean - nothing stuck to my feet - but the carpets were old and worn. Since so much sand is tracked in on a daily basis, this is not really surprising, and honestly really wasn't a problem for us. The Villa was equipped with 3 window unit air conditioners, and they seemed to cool the whole unit just fine. However, they never stopped running, so the noise from them was pretty loud. The unit came with a washer/dryer and the washer worked just fine. The dryer worked about every 3rd or 4th time you tried to turn it on, but would shut off after about 5 minutes. About every 10th attempt, you could get it to run a full cycle. The twin beds in the downstairs bedroom were comfortable (according to my daughters), but the king bed in the master bedroom upstairs was very lumpy and uncomfortable. And the upstairs master is wide open to the entire villa, so if you are counting on some private time with your partner, forget it. Couches and chairs weren't comfortable, and barstools were about to break, so we didn't sit on them at all. There are major additional fees on top of what you pay to book your Villa. There is a daily resort fee of $35, and we had to pay $250 to have the unit cleaned once we checked out. And for God's sake, if anyone from Kapalua is reading this, please wipe down those kitchen cabinets!!! I give them 3 stars because the views were so amazing, otherwise, I'd probably go with 2 stars.

• Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank chraula
Reviewed 19 August 2018

Staying in a gold bay oceanfront villa (18B2). 5 star view, 5 star location in Kapalua, 5 star for space/sq footage, 2 star for furnishings and for maintenance of the unit. Washer dryer is ancient and we had missing blinds on the master bathroom window for four days. The furnishings in this unit are not comfortable at all- not the beds, not the sofas, not the dining chairs, not the patio furniture. Because of the view and location, Id stay at a different unit that is nicer.

2  Thank DrAimala
Reviewed 18 August 2018 via mobile

Just checked into one of the gold villas, (2123 Ridge) What a disappointment. Yes, the square footage is there, but the first thing you notice as you walk in is the musty smell. It is everywhere in the villa, as is the gross carpeting. The second is the struggling air conditioning, noisy enough to drown out everything while not cooling anything. The last strike are the uncomfortable, ancient beds. I'm extremely disappointed to be stuck here for three nights.

2  Thank Rita S
Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

Recently stayed for a second time at Kapalua Villas. First time I stayed 6 years ago, I rented a one bedroom gold villa. This time stayed in a run down dirty standard villa. The standard bay villa although had a beautiful view of the ocean, when it rained the wall in the bathroom was soaked and the floors had rust stains. The doors were chipped and the bathroom had occasional ants crawling through the bathroom window that you could not close. They need to upgrade these villas ASAP. They still had a VHS player in the living room! They could not change our rooms because they were supposedly booked. The front desk agent asked about our stay during check out. I told her I was not happy with the room but she just smiled and ignored my comment and told me to have a good day. Never recommending or staying here again.

Stayed: August 2018, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Jessica C
Reviewed 13 August 2018 via mobile

Great place to relax. At least 3 beaches within walking distance. You can snorkel, boogie and swim. We hiked in the morning and saw turtles in some of the little bays. The villas are well maintained and the setup is nice. Pools are well maintained and refreshing. We cooked breakfast, lunch and some nights dinner.