Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Average
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
LAGinagir...
Sunny Los Angeles
“Not perfect unit, spectacular view from master, priced right”
Reviewed 4 January 2016 for a stay in January 2016
people found this review helpful

This is my second stay in this unit. The first was Oct 2014. I am sitting in 30G1 right now, watching the waves crash. I can see the tents on the Plantation course set up for the Champions tourney this week.

There have been a few repairs and improvements made since our last visit, but the unit is still in need of some significant work.

The three most significant changes were:
--Upgrade downstairs to a large flatscreen;
--wifi
--upstairs louvered windows repaired

Here's what you need to know if you are considering this unit:

-- the downstairs (living area) is dark and private. There is a little - but not great - view, but along side this unit is a natural lava 'wall' which curves around towards the front. The sun never reaches this area.

--the downstairs louver windows don't work. Completely rusted.

--the view from the master bed is nothing short of spectacular. However, it is not private. The popular walking trail is right outside, and there is a lot of foot traffic. For privacy, the shades need to be drawn or you have to be very discreet and watchful if someone is walking by.

--kitchen amenities are bare but functional.

--the cal-King bed is comfortable and has a new foam topper

--upstairs Bath/shower is awkward to get in and out. I'm able-bodied, but find it a bit hazardous.

When we arrived yesterday, the upstairs toilet was broken. Wouldn't flush at all. Seems that should be a basic precheck item. However, once we made the call to Sullivan, someone was here in less than an hour to repair it.

Because of its close proximity to the ocean, this unit requires a lot of maintenance - which it doesn't receive.

So, why did I book a second stay? It's half the price of other oceanfront units in this development and I'm too frugal to spend the extra dollars for a few things that ultimately don't affect the quality of my time here.

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
PaulJanse...
Edmonton, Canada
“Most disappionting Kapalua stay to date !!”
Reviewed 22 August 2014 for a stay in August 2014
people found this review helpful

We love the Kapalua area and this was our third visit to Kapalua Bay Villas in 3 years but Unit 30 G 1 was really disappionting in many respects.
We are pretty relaxed when it comes to Condo rentals and expect rental units not to be perfect but this was a major let down for the following reasons :
1. The biggest issue was that the downstairs sofabed is basically unsleepable as the mechanism is rusted to the piont where it cannot properly function and in many years of travel I have not seen a more worn and unusable mattress. Our 2 teenage girls always sleep on sofa beds when we travel but this was not possible at all and they ended up having to sleep on the actual couches. The thing that really got to me is that I informed Sullivan Property Management of this and was told they will inform the house inspector of this and of course nothing happened untill the day before we left I sent an e-mail to the rental company advising of my disgust , when Steven Moses came to the unit and offered a foam topper for the sofa bed ! I did decline as this was reallly not the solution and definately too late - they need to repace the couch ASAP
2.The second issue was that the place was definately in need of an major cleaning. Sure the obvious and in sight areas was cleaned but once yoy look underneath couches and took out some cooking ware it was actually disgusting and unsafe.
3. Honestly the place needs some major maintenace but what really was a major issue and why I will never rent from this company again is the poor condition of the Hawaiin style windows on both levels. This was even more of an issue as we braced Hurricaine Iselle by moving dressers and other furniture against the windows so that the loose panels did not become flying objects in the storm! When I advised Steven of this he did not really seem to be bothered by this and quite frankly I am disappionted that despite us arriving the day before the Hurricaine made landfall nobody from the management company even called or checked to see if we are geared or are doing OK while this was happening or after.

The view from upstairs is stunning and it is this view and location that makes us return year after year but unfortuantely it will not be to this unit again.Sorry Sullivan Properties but you will have to do better in the future otherwise you will have many angry and non -returning customers and I am wondering if the owner is aware of this or even care ?

Regards

Paul Jansen - Edmonton, Canada

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: View and locatio
Liked least: Everything else
Travelling group: Teenagers
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?

Travellers are raving about these Kapalua hotels

Kristin P
Aurora, Colorado
“This Condo is in disrepair and needs some TLC”
Reviewed 14 April 2014 for a stay in April 2014
people found this review helpful

This Condo needs work, lots of mold, windows don't open or close, door bell was laying on the ground when we checked in, the back door did not have a lock and they were using PVC pipe in the track to lock it. 2 calls to the property management company Sullivan Properties went unreturned, a third was answered by someone who said that the owners were not in the position to keep it up.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view from the upstairs bedroom (After I cleaned the windows)
Liked least: Poor condition, mold, and needs some TLC
Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
Management Response
14 Apr 2014
Our apologies for not adressing your issues during your stay with us. We are open seven days a week and we are very available. We have sent your review onto the condo owner and we have asked the owner to replace all the louvered windows in the condo. We have scheduled repairs for the other issues stated in your review. Mahalo for informing us about your stay .. Steve Moses, GM
Pleasanton
Reviewed 9 April 2014 for a stay in March 2014
person found this review helpful

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
A romantic getaway
TX
Reviewed 28 March 2014 for a stay in March 2014

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check-in / front desk Service
Would I recommend this holiday rental to my best friend?
Recommended for:
Rugged travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing