16 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in great prices from these sites
Booking.comUSD 1,243
Expedia.comUSD 1,243
Hotels.comUSD 1,243
PricelineUSD 1,237
TripadvisorUSD 1,243
FindHotelUSD 1,243
4,323 results
All reviews the banyan tree burger shack residential suite club level honolua store dt fleming beach kapalua area sushi restaurant our honeymoon four seasons coastal trail plantation house general store lobby bar beautiful property pool staff ocean view
Selected filters
Reviewed 27 October 2019 via mobile

Dear housekeeping,

Please make sure to clean the room thoroughly from the last guests, as I’d prefer not to see this stuck on our closet door in our room. I am seriously disgusted by this. I’m also pretty unhappy that housekeeping carelessly slung my good jewelry on our bathroom floor, not noticing it was there. If they would’ve vacuumed after that, my jewelry would be gone. I expect better than this when I paid the price of a brand new car for this vacation.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank jbmunday
RCKapalua, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton Maui Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2019

Aloha jbmunday and my sincere apologies for the mishaps you have encountered with our housekeeping service. This is certainly not representative of the high standards to which we hold ourselves and I appreciate you allowing us to connect with you while you are still staying with us. Thank you for taking the time to speak with us directly and we look forward to providing the world-class service for which we are known for the remainder of your stay.

Warmest Aloha,
Natalie Wise
Executive Assistant Manager – Rooms Division

Reviewed 23 October 2019

I drove to the Ritz so I could hang on their beach. Valet parking. Great coffee in the dining room. Non guests cannot use the pool. The beach is gorgeous. I rented a chaise and umbrella from a property next to the Ritz. $35 for both. The water was not rough and I met a some people from New Jersey. After the beach, I went to the lobby and had fruit infused water. The lobby is spread put and open air. I sat in the most comfortable chair and took deep breaths. Totally worth the 2 days of travel.

2  Thank Julie E
Reviewed 22 October 2019

Everything at this hotel was absolutely ridiculous. The concierge Thomas was so helpful and nice in setting up and recommending activities. Our stay was absolutely perfect, the room was so nice! and having access to the club lounge made grabbing a quick bite super easy. The staff really do make everything so much more enjoyable, the valet Outi was also so considerate, offering directions, towels and water for whatever excursion we were going on that day. The hotel also offers a complimentary photography session which makes for a nice keepsake and the photographer Lauren was great.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 October 2019

My Family of 7 stayed for 5 nights this past July and absolutely loved it. We had a two bedroom residence and a separate regular hotel room. There was plenty of room for everyone and the service was outstanding. The pool is absolutely beautiful. The cabanas a great, we had one for a day. The beach is a bit rough but we enjoyed it. Ate at the lobby cafe, the pool area and the Burger Hut and all meals were very good. Pricey as expected but good. As many other reviews have indicated, the Honolua Store neighboring the Ritz is reasonable and the food is delicious. We stopped in there almost daily for one thing or another. We had a photo sessions which was pretty good. The photographer was good at recommending spots for pics and unique poses and groupings and shots.
There were only two small disappointments on our trip. First was that you are forced to valet your car for a daily fee despite the very large lot only being a short walk from the entrance. That being said, the valet staff was amazing. They were fast, friendly and very helpful. Provided towels to us for our day trips out. Gave some recommendations and directions when needed. They truly provided great service, everyone of them.
The other item was that there is really no benefit with your Marriott status. Being a Titanium Member it would have been nice to get an upgrade or something to acknowledge your status but that didn't happen. All in all the stay was great and we can't wait to go back. Kapalua is great part of Maui.

Date of stay: July 2019
3  Thank 746andres
Reviewed 21 October 2019

Loved this hotel. The hotel lay out takes a day or two to figure out, but its not as complex as some of the other big name resorts on Maui. Great bars with a HH at the Burger shack 3-4, then at the lobby bar 4-5, then at the Bamboo Lagoon restaurant from 5-6. Excellent drinks, food and the pools are awesome. Kid friendly but they also have an adult pool and jacuzzi that we really liked.

Room tip: Get a higher room so you dont hear the pool noise.
3  Thank Phillip L