3,766 results
All reviewsthe banyan treeclub levelresidential suiteburger shackhonolua storesushi restaurantterrace restaurantour honeymoonkapalua areafour seasonsdt fleming beachcoastal trailplantation housegeneral storelobby barbeautiful propertypool staff
Reviewed 11 August 2018

If you are looking for total luxury, beautiful and large accommodations and distance from the crowds, this is perfect for you. Our family of 12 just stayed for a week for our parents 50th wedding anniversary. The hotel staff was wonderful about the special occasion. Most knew about the anniversary and gave them well wishes throughout the day and special additions to our dinners. Lara the waitress at the Bayan Restaurant was amazing! Always a smile on her face and great advice of things to do and see. She spoiled us with champagne and dessert to celebrate the anniversary. The food was incredible.
Thank you Ritz for a beautiful trip for a family!

• Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank 1234hipp
The Ritz Carlto... K, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2018

Aloha 1234hipp and mahalo for choosing to share such a special celebration with us! We are overjoyed that you and your family had such a wonderful time celebrating this milestone anniversary in beautiful Kapalua. I do appreciate you mentioning Lara and how she made your stay even more memorable. I agree, she is truly a shining star and we will be sure she is recognized for her efforts. It was our pleasure to have you all as our guests and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back again soon.

Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Staff was average, not up to the Ritz standard that you’d expect. Property is beautiful and remote. Will take 30-60 minutes to get to anything off property. Suggest having a car to fully enjoy Maui. I’ve stayed and the Four Seasons and Fairmont in Wailea. Those properties and service was much, much better.

Stayed: August 2018
4  Thank Brenda B
The Ritz Carlto... K, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2018

Aloha Brenda B and mahalo for sharing your feedback. While I was delighted to see that you enjoyed the beauty of our resort, I was disappointed the service you experienced did not exceed your expectations. Our Ladies and Gentlemen pride themselves on providing the finest, personalized service to our guests and I apologize if you experienced anything less. I appreciate you taking the time to share your comments and hope you will consider us again for a future visit so that we may have the opportunity to show you the world-class service for which we are known.

Reviewed 10 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I and are 9 year old daughter just spent 10 glorious days here! The property is absolutely gorgeous and the staff are the loveliest, most helpful people I’ve ever encountered at a resort. Everyone went above and beyond! When we first checked in we had a room facing the golf course which was gorgeous but it was next to the elevator. I happen to be an incredibly light sleeper and I couldn’t sleep from the sound of the elevator going up and down. The next day I spoke with Arianne at the front desk who discussed the issue with the room manager and we were moved to a oceanfront suite. The front desk was so apologetic because they couldn’t move us till the next day. We were so grateful and the new room was incredible! The first day in our new room, housekeeping made us a “towel cake” with a very kind note congratulating me on my recent graduation from ob/gyn residency. They even put a paper stethoscope on my cake! The food on property is delicious and a Mai Tai from the lobby bar is a must! The pool, spa, gym, beach are all incredible! Come stay in paradise and you will not be disappointed!

Stayed: August 2018, travelled with family
3  Thank trose79

Aloha trose79,

Congratulations again on your graduation and mahalo for taking the time to share such a glowing review of our resort! It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your family as our guests and we are so pleased that we were able to accommodate a room move to help you rest more comfortably. We sincerely appreciate your recommendation and are very much looking forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to paradise.

Reviewed 8 August 2018 via mobile

It’s impossible to come away with a negative review when visiting paradise. Maui is one of the magical places I’ve ever visited. The Ritz does a great job to try and capture that magic and spread it throughout the property.

Negatives - the beach is not as accommodating as nearby beaches for families with children - basically it’s pretty rough and the coral is all but destroyed.

The biggest negative for me was value - this property is super expensive. They obviously can get it and the free market has spoken. Nevertheless, lots of very affordable options nearby with access to all of the same amenities.

Stayed: May 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank FloridaJayBird
Reviewed 8 August 2018

We had the most amazing time and wedding experience at Ritz Carlton Kapalua and will be back as often as possible!

If you are planning to get married here or are considering it- stop considering and just do it you will not be disappointed also, here are the people you need to know:

Akiko - we felt we were in the most caring and competent hands possible! If you are looking for a venue to provide you details and transparency while remaining poised and warm , Akiko is your woman!

Sierra was our main wedding coordinator and took on the challenge of pulling together a magical event that I had a vision of and she helped bring to life without a hesistation! She was incredibly kind caring responsive and helpful even when it looked like rain might make some last minute site changes necessary! She was my right hand and made our event amazing! It was like we’d been working on this for months but in reality only a few short days!!!

Kristine was also there on our big day and my family and friends were so complimentary of how helpful she was with our kids and guests on making sure everyone knew where to be and went above and beyond!

Ara - was our main server at our Banyan tree dinner and we were so impressed! He is truly an expert at managing a large party with ease and took time to make sure all guests had not just what they needed but anticipated needs so well! Top rated service!!! Each of our guests were so complimentary!

Miko - our pool server who was so good we requested him each day! His ability to remember small details like how I like my drinks low sugar and being overly caring and considerate of our baby making sure he had shade and comfy place to hang out! He is truly top notch! We'd recommend a splurge on the cabana rental!

At the terrace restaurant I highly recommend the buffet the food selection was dreamy and tastes out of this world! Deborah is amazing and her attention to deal and very kind and caring personality is just great! Kevin - provided us phenomenal service at the terrace restaurant and overall went above and beyond to take care of our family!!!!

There are many many others who made our stay amazing. If you are looking for hotel that truly puts service first. You've found it!

Thank you to the whole team! We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: Upgrade to suite if traveling with kids! You will love it!
  • Stayed: July 2018, travelled with family
1  Thank Amanda J
The Ritz Carlto... K, Manager at The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua, responded to this reviewResponded 17 August 2018

Aloha Amanda J - congratulations again on your wedding and choosing to celebrate it with us! We sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share such a detailed review and for mentioning those Ladies and Gentlemen who helped make your experience even more memorable. I will be sure to share your compliments with each of them. It was our absolute pleasure to have you celebrate your wedding with us and we look forward to seeing you again on your next visit to Maui.