My family & I (7 adults and 2 babies) recently visited this property and turned out that our timing was terrible and we got alot of rain which forced us to spend alot of time in the hotel itself. We'd chosen two suites to accomodate for the babies and their things and this was perfect because we had alot of common space.
The rooms are decorated in a very charming oldish manner. Most hotels in Maui arent too modern.
Bed was uber comfortable. Bathrooms were spacious and had rooms has tons of storage space.
The food in the entire hotel must get a special mention because it was fabulous!!!
From the french fries to the fine dining restaurant to the butler service by the pool and lobby bar. Everything was yummy!!
The chef at the Banyan Tree (fine dining) place prepared things for us that werent on the menu because some of us ate vegetarian food only!
Beach: their hotel beach was rated as the world's number 1 beach in 2009 and we were very happy with it. mu husband was looking to enjoy some of the higher and rougher waves that hawaii is known for and we got just that!
if you drive towards lahaina and wailea, is where you will find the calmer waters. so it just depends what you are looking for.
the sea bed is super clean and its a pleasure to walk into the water without worrying about a rocky sea bed or plants and stuff.
Poolside: the pool is very spread out and even though the hotel was full you never found it difficult to find sunbed's. they also rent cabana's at an extra cost which we got every day because of the babies and the rains! the service staff here are also very friendly.
Downside: the hotel cleaning staff was very very very irresponsible with their cleaning. we used the utensils and kitchen extensively because of the babies and they did a horrible job of cleaning up. things in the dishwasher still had food in it. they didn't even fold clothes that may have been thrown on the ground. ive travelled to 5-stars worldwide and never saw such a bad cleaning etiquette. my sister in law had left a glass of wine in her bathroom while getting dressed one night, and they didnt pick it up the next day while cleaning and only did after they were told to remove it!!!!!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled on 54 acres, The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua showcases a stunning, fully-renovated destination resort offering 463 guestrooms, including 107 residential suites, warm wood floors, travertine bathrooms, flat-screen televisions and Hawaiian-inspired artwork. The spa beckons with treatment rooms framed by private garden showers, volcanic stone grottos, heat therapies, and a fitness center with spectacular ocean views. Jean-Michel Cousteau's Ambassadors of the Environment offers all levels activities from land to sea. Also featured are six restaurants, indoor/outdoor meeting space, an inviting children's pool and luxury cabanas. It is enveloped by picturesque Kapalua Resort’s two championship golf courses, dining and a century-old pineapple plantation. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Wotif.com, Hooroo Pty Ltd, Otel, lastminute.com.au, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Marriott, Expedia APAC, Agoda, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Evoline ltd so you can book your The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Hotel Kapalua
- Ritz Carlton Maui
- Ritz-Carlton Lahaina
- Ritz Lahaina
- Lahaina Ritz-Carlton
- The Ritz-Carlton, Kapalua Maui