“Nice place, terrible pasta, interesting staff”
Review of Jovan's Kitchen

Jovan's Kitchen
Ranked #8 of 54 Restaurants in Upper Hutt
Price range: USD 14 - USD 24
Reviewed 6 April 2018

My first impression of the place when I walked in was that it was lovely. I took a seat at our table and almost fell through it because it had lost all of its cushioning and was held together by the fake leather fabric.

The waitress was lovely and friendly but when we had paid and went to leave she started warning us about phone scammers pretending to be from the IRD, which came out of nowhere.

I ordered the chicken fettuccine and my girlfriend ordered the carbonara. The fettucine was lovely and thin, however it was so overcooked. It turned to mush in my mouth and was extremely unpleasant. Also, the sauce in the dish tasted like cream of chicken soup you buy in a can so the flavour was bland and tasteless. There was hardly any chicken in it either.

The carbonara had the same issue with the overcooked pasta. The taste of this one was ok but neither of us would order it again.

The place was nice, the staff were interesting, however the food was really poor. It was also over-priced considering it's in Upper Hutt and nowhere near the quality of the best places in the middle of Wellington city that charge the same. I will not dine here again and would warn others not to bother.

Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Definitely our favorite place to dine in the hutt...food is absolutely amazing very delicious..
The service is fantastic very friendly an inviting ,make u feel very welcome..
Highly recommend Jovans ....

Reviewed 11 March 2018

It would be easy to say that the food is the highlight, and it should be. The pizza and pasta (especially the gnocchi) are exceptional, but anything I say will fall short of the mark. Simply said, the food speaks for itself, and will leave you speechless.

However, the real pleasure for me is in the atmosphere - it's the kind of intimate, friendly and welcoming vibe you expect from a dinner party at an old friend's house, not a restaurant. Experiencing such warmth and genuine bon homie from Pawan, Ranjit and Anne turned a sumptuous dinner into an intimate meal with friends. Except with better food. :-)

Reviewed 9 March 2018

Not only way the food incredible and flavorsome, the service was perfect, all round lovely restaurant. Will definitely be returning.

Reviewed 9 March 2018 via mobile

Absolutely stunning. The food was exquisite, the service was impeccable, they are friendly and genuine. I think it’s safe to say my family and I will be regular customers.
Recommend 100%