“Pleasant evening ”

Bustopher Jones Wine Bar & Restaurant
Ranked #23 of 192 Restaurants in Truro
Dining options: Reservations
Description: More a dining experience than a restaurant. A beautiful menu of modern British cuisine with a European influence. Bustopher Jones also offers an extensive wine list to compliment the food with a unique selection of cocktails.
Reviewed 12 October 2018 via mobile

We had a meal In private restaurant as there were 10 of us . The monk fish was very nice and the service was good . Nice relaxed atmosphere. Would recommend

DarrenM2976, Head chef at Bustopher Jones Wine Bar & Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2018

Thank you for you review.

The monkfish dish was a special designed by our newest member of the team, Josh Pearce. We are really pleased at how well he is fitting in and the response from our customers so much so that we have given him control of the restaurant this coming Wednesday to show off his flair with an Italian themed evening.

If you like Italian food I highly recommend Josh's menu.

Best wishes

Reviewed 23 September 2018 via mobile

I was taken here recently for my birthday where we enjoyed a simply perfect 3 course meal. The dinner started off with cocktails to die for and complementary bread and oils and a pre starter, all of which were just the ultimate added touch. To start, I had the crab cakes with spring onion and chutney which was heavenly. I could happily have eaten 2. My boyfriend ordered the chargrilled Pork belly accompanied with savoury apple crumble. The only way he could describe it was ‘beyond anything he’d ever tasted’- the savoury apple crumble in particular was outstanding on its own. For mains, I had rump steak with blue cheese sauce, chips and chilli broccoli. Absolutely amazing. I couldn’t have asked for anything more- the steak was cooked to perfection and the blue cheese sauce was simply incredible. My boyfriend had plaice fillets with risotto and crayfish- a ‘party in my mouth’ was all he could say before having to eat another mouthful. Dessert was the icing on the cake (no pun intended)- we shared the silky smooth espresso creme brûlée served with Tonka bean doughnuts and also enjoyed, quite frankly, the best chocolate torte and creme fraiche ice cream I have ever tasted. The perfect end to the perfect meal. Would highly recommend this fabulous restaurant and it’s equally fabulous chefs.

Thank you very much for this in depth review.

The team usually like to brag about who got mentioned in a review or which part of the meal, drinks or service were best. Apparently for your birthday we smashed it on every front so I'll just take the praise on this occasion.

Really glad you had a great time and we hope to see you again in the near future.

All the best,

Reviewed 23 September 2018

Attention to detail and quality makes this restaurant stand out from the norm. A really lovely and unexpected treat.

Always great to hear.

Attention to detail and hard work are key for us to ensure our customers get the experience they deserve.

Thanks for the review.

Reviewed 19 September 2018 via mobile

Great place, great food, great service. Varied choice of dishes to accompany the main course, plus most dishes available as gluten free, which is a must for us coeliacs. And a creme brulee to die for. Highly recommended.

Thanks for the review Mark,

Making all of our food from raw ingredients make it far easier for us to accommodate dietary requirements and all the chefs enjoy the challenge.

The creme brulee is a firm favourite with all our customers.

Reviewed 17 September 2018 via mobile

Had a great meal here one Saturday night. Food was the best my wife and I have had , anywhere in Truro. Great...great...great

Hi praise indeed, thank you very much.

We look forward to seeing you again soon and pushing ourselves to keep improving what we do.

Best wishes,