“Expected mediocre and got brilliant!!”
Review of The Market inn

The Market inn
Ranked #45 of 190 Restaurants in Truro
Price range: USD 1 - USD 11
Cuisines: British, Pub
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating, Takeout
Reviewed 6 April 2018

Very busy lunch time but Manager made room for us and baby buggy. Food wait was minimal and OMG my deep fried camembert n bacon roll was delicious and my daughters club sandwich she said was equally lovely. Side garnishes were a great size and oh so fresh, with a lush dressing. We sat near kitchen entrance and 'Chef' appeared out front on a few occassions, clean and smart. Thank you team for a wonderful experience.

Reviewed 8 March 2018

my partner and i called into the market inn for lunch. its a Dog friendly pub and the staff are very friendly . we had soup which was homemade and excellent. We reguarly eat in the market inn when we visit Truro and the food is always good. its a nice place to stop for lunch and a few drinks. its a traditional pub in a good location next to the hall for cornwall and shops.

Reviewed 6 February 2018

So where do I start ?! We were staying at Trelissick in a cottage, just 4 miles away from this place. We went into Truro to have a look around and stumbled upon this amazing find. The inn is very welcoming and the staff are friendly and helpful. The bar is full and the wine list good. The food is to die for !!
We had the charcuterie platter (which we found out later was a sharer!) each and it was soooooo good. The meat was perfect, the salad so good with the pea shoots. The accompaniments were great and the warm bread perfect. This was so good that on our last day we went back and had the other sharing platter each ! the fish platter .... and this was perfect as well .Thank you for making our stay in Cornwall complete. We stayed for three weeks and these two visits to Truro were the eating highlight.
Additional points for those who are reading this.... although this is level and wheel chair ok, the toilets are down a narrow corridor and there is not (to my knowledge) a disabled facility.

Reviewed 17 January 2018

We have eaten in the Market Inn twice now, once for a Sunday roast one of the best we've had, and again last week for a dinner time meal.
My wife hd Fish and Chips she said one of the best she's had and I had the Chicken stack, chicken on top of mash potato with asparagus stack around the outside what a tasty dish, all cooked fresh it was well worth the wait trust me.
We will eat here again great friendly staff as well made you feel at home.

Reviewed 4 January 2018 via mobile

Visited for lunch before the cinema. We both had bagels; smoked salmon & cream cheese got my friend, brie, cranberry & bacon for me. Both lovely- would go again. Only downside was lack of toilet roll in the ladies on this visit hence 4 star!