“Serenity - an idyllic getaway”
other travellers have booked this property
View of the cabin taken from the eastern bank of the lake. freedom !
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
View of the cabin taken from the eastern bank of the lake.
freedom !
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Excellent - based on 7 reviews

Reviews from our community

Any
Paul D
“Serenity - an idyllic getaway”
Reviewed 19 January 2017 for a stay in March 2016

Take some wine, have a bbq use the beautiful little cabin to cook, shower, sleep - it's a miniature home from home and really sweet..
The lake is down a track in the middle of nowhere, silent and peaceful. All you can hear are ducks, birds and carp jumping and splashing in the lake.
I haven't fished for years, couldn't believe it when I pulled out a couple of 20lb carp. My wife got one too - she's never fished before!

James, Karen, George and Sandra are fantastic hosts who live around 30 min away and will help out with anything you need.

The area is dotted with small villages who almost all have a bar or restaurant - most of which double up as the local post office/bar/shop/depot de pain and they are all really friendly and helpful.

Visit the markets - theres one everyday somewhere. They are amazing. This is fois gras and confit de canard country and it's fabulous.

Take time out and spend a couple of days here. Relax and turn off. Adjust to a slower pace of life, chat to the local people and enthuse about their food, wine and culture. (Chateau Raz and Pecharmant are simply wonderful)

I could happily spend the rest of my life here.
I've just booked to go again.

Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Management Response
24 Jan 2017
Thank you for a lovely review and look forward to seeing you gain soon.
sammycatl...
london
“A little haven of peace and tranquility”
Reviewed 7 January 2017 for a stay in December 2016
people found this review helpful

We decided this year to make an escape for New Year, as far away as possible from London life and the frenetic world surrounding us. We found peace and quiet at Cuckoo Lake (not that far away) but in every way we needed. It is a beautiful site, calm and quite mystical! It's rustic charm envelops you and you won't want to leave. The owners are charming and are on hand if you need them. We had so much fun fishing, walking, planning cards, toasting marshmallows by the camp fire - what's not to love!

jennybK65...
Montpon-Menesterol, France
“Great location ”
Reviewed 4 December 2016 for a stay in August 2016

Took my two grandsons for a days fishing, they caught 8 good sized carp in the space of a few hours.
A beautiful secluded spot with good clean facilities. The cabin is comfortable and facilities are being upgraded all the time. I highly recommend this holiday spot fishing and walking. Ideal if you want a few days away from the rat race.

Management Response
6 Dec 2016
Thank you & we are glad that you enjoyed your time with us. Sandra
Vicky O
York, United Kingdom
“Perfect family getaway”
Reviewed 13 November 2016 for a stay in March 2016

My husband and I stayed at Cuckoo Lake with our 2 dogs. We were overwhelmed with how beautiful the scenery was across the lake and surrounding area and amazed that we had the whole place to ourselves! The dogs thought they'd arrived in paradise, exploring and swimming! We would highly recommend it to anyone who loves the outdoors but with the advantage of the cabin for amenities. We will definitely be returning in the near future.

Chris W
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“mr”
Reviewed 4 October 2016 for a stay in October 2016

my wife and I stayed at cuckoo lake from the 30th September to the 3rd October and had a great relaxing time
The walks through the pine woodlands were breathtaking but the site by the lake were a piece of heaven !
I enjoyed fishing the lake and caught some carp which were in beautiful condition.
we didn't swim in the lake but if it had been earlier in the year we probably would have.
all in all a lovely relaxing break which we fully intend to repeat .

Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing