All reviews golf course jacuzzi bath on arrival bridal suite walk in shower evening meal wedding venue booked this hotel one night stay lovely location family room steak brecon beacons standard room wedding breakfast no lift full welsh breakfast
Reviewed 14 April 2018 via mobile

Took the extended family out for Sunday lunch. The place looks a bit tired and could really do with a bit of a face lift as it seems to be stuck in the 90’s. However, we probably had one of the best Sunday lunches which was quite unexpected as the place was really quite empty.

Everything was homemade and plenty of it. Veggies cooked to perfection and very tasty gravy and plenty of it. Only one very minor criticism was I do love a bit of stuffing on my roast dinner, but that’s just me personal preference. This place has so much potential, if a bit of money was invested in bringing it up to date.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 April 2018 via mobile

On arrival we’d found a used cup of tea, just one set of towels and no shower (this is a honeymoon suite apparently).

The building is so noisy right through-out the day. The cleaners have their lunch break at the bottom of our stairs because the establishment don’t provide them with a canteen.

The WiFi is non-existent.

At £150 for the room, you expect a lot more. There was a sky box in the room but they don’t pay for Sky you only get free view. The kettle & cups had no table, they were left on the floor?! There was an extension lead going under the bed, it was just not what you expect when you’re being charged that much. If we had been on our honeymoon we would have been so so disappointed & ripped off.

During breakfast service, the service just wasn’t there. We arrived at 9:20, all of the tables had dirty used plates on them so we made up our own table from cutlery and cups that were un-used from previous guests. The breakfasts seriously need reviewing by the management. When we left not one table had been tidied up still.

We were advised the room was £115 on booking but during checkout we were asked for £150 which we disputed. We noticed a “4 in a bed Winner” plaque at the front desk. If we had a to fill an amount we felt was necessary, the owners would be in for a surprise. There is huge potential in this property but it is in dire need of attention.

We absolutely loved the ceremony, the wedding venue, the building from the outside (although it was extremely warm through-out) and the area around it which is why we’re giving a 2 star rating.

Stayed: April 2018, travelled with family
7  Thank Sam L
Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

A lovely friendly establishment beautiful scenery and walking distance to Crickhowell. Room was superb staff go above and beyond to be helpful. Food was gorgeous would definately visit again. Dog friendly

Stayed: April 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

This was a stop en route to somewhere after a busy week. My stay here was randomly selected due to the convenient location and the fact they allow dogs, and what a fab choice that was. I had the most wonderful stay; from start to finish the staff made my dog and I feel welcome, I enjoyed a few drinks at the bar and ended up in a fabulous room with a great shower and bath. They have weddings almost every weekend, are based on a golf course and have a marquee and event room. It isn’t perfectly shiny and modern edged, but they made me feel right at home.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 March 2018

The hotel and the surrounding area is very nice. No one was at the reception desk when we arrived, so we had to wait. Our room was clean but not too comfy. The mattress was too soft and could hear other guests snoring and walking up and down in their room - I am sure they reached their daily step goal. In the middle of the night one of the guests' dog started to bark, so I did not sleep at all. The breakfast was not satisfying too.

• Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple