“Late season family ski trip”
Review of Hotel Le Dahu

Hotel Le Dahu
Ranked #7 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
London, United Kingdom
“Late season family ski trip”
Reviewed 13 September 2011

We booked a duplex (family) apartment at Le Dahu for a late season family ski trip. The hotel was perfect: very comfortable, great food, very good food. The perfect retreat after a day's skiing.
The snow was pretty rubbish (nothing Le Dahu could do about that) so we spent more time in hotel than planned/ hoped. Nonetheless, there was plenty to engage the kids - a swimming pool, hot tub, games room. Early evening kids dinner option - so that my wife and I could have a bit of time to ourselves in the evening - and very friendly and helpful staff.
All in all, first rate and very good value.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
Belfast -Northern Ireland
Reviewed 6 September 2011

We drove to this hotel from Chamonix and found it easily enough, when driving it seems like it is a far enough distance out of town but actually only takes about 10 mins walk into town once you go over the pedestrian bridge which takes you to the ski lift although the last part is uphill on the return journey

We got an efficient fast welcome when we arrived and were shown to our double room which although possibly a little small, had everything we needed including a small balcony with table & chairs overlooking the gardens & swimming pool. I was very impressed with the hotel information provided in the room, it is definitely more than I’ve ever seen and covered absolutely everything.

We stayed at this hotel in August which was at the end of their summer season and the hotel was very quiet (as was the town) so some of the things mentioned in the booklet weren’t visible. For example the outside bar didn’t seem to be open at all when we were there, plus although the bar was open during the day there was no-one manning it and you had to ask at reception. Also the bar was due to be open until midnight but just seemed to close up at various times eg 10:30pm without any communication.

The room was comfortable and the bathroom was a separate room from the toilet, although the toilet room didn’t have any ventilation. The shower was over the bath and was positioned in the middle of the bath as opposed to either end. Also the height of the shower wasn’t adjustable. I found it OK as I am 5’3 but I wouldn’t like to see anyone taller trying to use it. Towels, facecloths, toiletries and a hairdryer were provided and there was free wifi throughout

Breakfast was the normal buffet breakfast that you get with cold meats, cheese, breads, cereals, juice etc… I believe there was hot food such as scrambled eggs but they only seemed to have that early and then it was taken away. Like other hotels in the Alps they had the hot water devices with baskets to boil your own egg. This didn’t seem to be working as we boiled one egg for 4 mins but it still wasn’t cooked, we boiled another for 8 mins and no luck and we finally boiled another for over 10 mins and the top wasn’t cooked and the bottom was. We had to give up.

We ate dinner one night and it is a set 4 course meal for €32 (wine extra) only served between 7:30 – 9pm which is quite a short time. It is a typical starter, main & dessert, but the extra course is a cheese course of over 6 cheeses to choose from. The food definitely wasn’t Michelin star (the goats cheese soufflé was wet & flat) but it was nice

The hotel does have a spa area with indoor pool but we never used it.

Overall the hotel was nice and I could see the potential of it during high season

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank littlemissneve
Nicosia
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I've been to Austria many times and stayed into quiet a lot of 4 star traditional hotels at the Alpes. Consequently I'm a strict judger on rating traditional hotels. Before arriving to Le Dahu hotel, I was a little bit cautious of the respond that we would receive from the hotel staff since I was very dissapointed of the cold Parisien attitude of Paris a week ago. To my surprise, by the time I've stepped in the hotel, everyone was so welcoming and friendly....starting from the owner, receptionist, cleaning ladies even cooks!! ..Even in Cyprus, my homeland, which is a quite a famous destination of welcoming people, I wouldn't say that I've met such warm hearted people. The hotel is very cosy, rustic full of wooden furnitures. The rooms are quite spacious, new, very clean and tidy and very very cosy!! We also had a lovely view of the town of Morzine from our balcony. The food was absolutely fantastic! Breakfast buffet was very rich with great viriety of home made products. I will never forget those tasty home-made jams...especially the one with blueberries and raspberries. The evening 4 course menu was the cherry on the cake! It was awsome! The only negative thing, was that you needed to be too patient to enjoy the food. The whole serving of food, usually took about 1 1/2 hour which was a little bit disturbing especially for our children. I want to be fair however, and say that the hotel gives the option to the children to eat earlier, but from what I realized nobody was keeping this facility. Among the dinner options, I will never forget the cheese buffet!! ..I can say that I still have the nice smell of the smoked village cheese in my nostrils! I will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to everybody!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank IOANNIS K
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 February 2011

The rooms are lovely but I could not recommend this hotel as the attitude and rudeness of the owner- manager. We had a couple of instances with her but the worst was when I twisted my knee on the piste and had to be shuffled off the slope to a nearby village. We called the hotel to ask for advice and taxi numbers and the response she gave in excellent English was 'this is not my responsibility, she will just have to ski back'. Would prefer a smaller hotel where they care more about their guests.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank Sheena1235
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We found this hotel to be completely charming, the service was excellent and the staff were so friendly. We ate in the hotel restaurant each night, and the food was extremely good. The bar area is cosy with a lovely fire and a friendly resident dog! Would recommend this hotel to all my friends, and we WILL DEFINATELY be returning!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple