“Very friendly, cosy, rustic hotel with nice food!!”
Review of Hotel Le Dahu

Hotel Le Dahu
Ranked #6 of 50 Hotels in Morzine
Nicosia
“Very friendly, cosy, rustic hotel with nice food!!”
Reviewed 22 July 2011

I've been to Austria many times and stayed into quiet a lot of 4 star traditional hotels at the Alpes. Consequently I'm a strict judger on rating traditional hotels. Before arriving to Le Dahu hotel, I was a little bit cautious of the respond that we would receive from the hotel staff since I was very dissapointed of the cold Parisien attitude of Paris a week ago. To my surprise, by the time I've stepped in the hotel, everyone was so welcoming and friendly....starting from the owner, receptionist, cleaning ladies even cooks!! ..Even in Cyprus, my homeland, which is a quite a famous destination of welcoming people, I wouldn't say that I've met such warm hearted people. The hotel is very cosy, rustic full of wooden furnitures. The rooms are quite spacious, new, very clean and tidy and very very cosy!! We also had a lovely view of the town of Morzine from our balcony. The food was absolutely fantastic! Breakfast buffet was very rich with great viriety of home made products. I will never forget those tasty home-made jams...especially the one with blueberries and raspberries. The evening 4 course menu was the cherry on the cake! It was awsome! The only negative thing, was that you needed to be too patient to enjoy the food. The whole serving of food, usually took about 1 1/2 hour which was a little bit disturbing especially for our children. I want to be fair however, and say that the hotel gives the option to the children to eat earlier, but from what I realized nobody was keeping this facility. Among the dinner options, I will never forget the cheese buffet!! ..I can say that I still have the nice smell of the smoked village cheese in my nostrils! I will definitely return to this hotel and recommend it to everybody!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank IOANNIS K

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Dublin, Ireland
Reviewed 1 February 2011

The rooms are lovely but I could not recommend this hotel as the attitude and rudeness of the owner- manager. We had a couple of instances with her but the worst was when I twisted my knee on the piste and had to be shuffled off the slope to a nearby village. We called the hotel to ask for advice and taxi numbers and the response she gave in excellent English was 'this is not my responsibility, she will just have to ski back'. Would prefer a smaller hotel where they care more about their guests.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with friends
9 Thank Sheena1235
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 January 2011

We found this hotel to be completely charming, the service was excellent and the staff were so friendly. We ate in the hotel restaurant each night, and the food was extremely good. The bar area is cosy with a lovely fire and a friendly resident dog! Would recommend this hotel to all my friends, and we WILL DEFINATELY be returning!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 10 September 2010

Nice location, good service, good restaurant and a very nice (familly?) dog looking after the reception.
We felt very well and friendly taken care of.
Le Dahu is a nice memory.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
Stirling, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 August 2010

This was our third visit to the Dahu - but the first time in Summer and the first time with children - age 7 and 5.The food is still as wonderful as before. Breakfasts really have everything and the food at dinner is really superb. There is no choice but that means the food that is served is carefully chosen, often using local ingredients, and is of a high quality. The waitresses are charming and helpful. Our family room was very comfortable, with good quality pillows and duvets ( which I am fussy about!). I was glad of the balcony over the valley - It is worth paying the extra for that. I see another reviewer said the "spa area is dated". The inside pool area and sauna etc could not really be called a spa - and it is perhaps a little dated but absolutely fine for a family hotel of this type. The outside pool is absolutely lovely.
Evening child care arrangements- effectively a free nanny service - was a great success, allowing us to eat without the children most evenings, knowing they were nearby, safe and happy. The children ate earlier and children's food was also excellent.
This hotel is very good value in the summer, more expensive in the winter but still worth it. It appears to cater primarily for French families- we were the only Britsh family staying at that time - and the menus etc are all in French, which I like. I have not stayed in many French hotels but Le Dahu is of a higher quality than typical British 'family hotels'.
We have tried the Esprit/ Warner family holidays, Crieff Hydro and Five star hotels with the children, but I prefer Le Dahu to them all.
If taking taxi from Geneva, book taxi through the hotel in advance. it is much cheaper than an airport taxi.
We spent the days walking - easily 'do-able' with kids because of the chairs/cable cars but watch out for the many bikes!
We hope to return to Le Dahu in winter and summer.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family