See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 28 December 2016

Basic hotel/motel type rooms off external corridor. The rooms were adaquate with a basic on suite shower & toilet. The room had a tv, plug sockets & a comfy bed, there was also parking. Close to lots of amenities. For 26€ per night booking on line in advance, it was great value.

• Stayed: December 2016, travelled as a couple
tony g, Responsable réception at Premiere Classe Tours Sud - Chambray Les Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 7 January 2017

Dear Sir

Thanks for your comments.
We are sensitive to the notices of our customers which always permettente us to improve.
Best regards

Reviewed 8 November 2016

We spent a night here after losing some time on the roads. We decided to avoid the hotel downtown to avoid further delays and we choose this hotel since it was pretty close to the outlet areas. We booked only but honestly was a little more expensive than just dropping by without any reservation.

Rooms were small and the cleanliness was an issue for sure specially with the small toilet. Only one towel was available in the rooms and there were almost no ammenities but for the price was okay. Parking was just outside and the highway was 50 meters away. Its a hotel usually visited by a lot of truckers and drivers but if you are in a budget its a good option.

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled as a couple
tony g, Gérant at Premiere Classe Tours Sud - Chambray Les Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2016

Madam, Sir,
We thank you for the relevance of your remarks.
We make every effort so that our customers have a pleasant stay.
The "Première Classe" concept is a concept of economy hotel business with standard rooms and small bathroom.
See you again soon in our hotel.

Reviewed 26 October 2016 via mobile

This is a cheap hotel but I found it clean and tidy. It is very good to overnight in as I travel from the south of France to the ferries. It is easy to find and has free parking and also has free WiFi. Will stay again.

Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
tony g, Responsable réception at Premiere Classe Tours Sud - Chambray Les Tours, responded to this reviewResponded 30 October 2016

Thank you very much and hope to see you

Reviewed 30 August 2016 via mobile

This was the first time we had stayed at a Premiere Classe and didn't know what to expect. The rooms were small with a pod like shower room - which was very small! Too much water pressure (which was good) meant that the whole floor got wet (which was less good! We stayed on an incredibly warm night and the air con couldn't really cope. However it didn't cost a great deal and we had value for money.

In future I would probably only stay when travelling on my own rather than with the family. The Companile next door is probably better for holiday stop overs. That being said, Wendy on reception was very welcoming and helpful and the whole place was very clean with working wifi. So a thumbs up!!

Stayed: August 2016
Reviewed 27 June 2016

I stood eying the building with more than a little concern. My wife Dana standing quietly by my side and my friends Kev, Dave and his wife Gina busying themselves with the bags from our van.
“Gina. Is this the right one?” I called.
Gina had convinced me some weeks before our road trip to change the hotel booking from a nice central Tours hotel, a little pricey but with superb reviews and excellent location, to the more cost effective option before us.
“Urrm yes. The Premier Classe, Tours….Oh?!” This was the point she looked up. “It’s, well it’s kind of basic isn’t it.” She said
I glanced around the rectangular 60’s style concrete building plonked unceremoniously next to a fast food outlet and took it all in. 3 floors, exterior steps to the balcony access for the rooms with the doors facing the street. The cars parked in the moderately sized car park looked like they too were part of a road trip and the entrance to the building smack bang in the middle of the ground floor.
We walked in and once inside the foyer, well a desk inside a small room doubling as the breakfast bar, we were greeted by a pleasant enough man who through our broken French and a better understanding of English on his part confirmed our bookings. Little did we know that their staff also have hidden talents. In his case, sign language.
We worked our way through the room allocation and payment for the two double rooms when it came to my friend Kev’s turn. “Ah, so you are ze single one yes?” Asked our new French friend.
“Yes that’s right.” Answered Kev.
“Mmm.” Muttered the receptionist “Zen you av more time for zis, no?” With that his talent was put on full show as he made what I guess was his signature hand gesture move. See if you can replicate it. 1. Place your hand out flat with the palm upwards. 2. Curl your four fingers upwards slightly but not so much that they touch the palm. 3. Now rotate your hand left 90 degrees and touch your thumb to your index finger creating an ‘o’. 4. Move your hand up about 3 inches, then back down to it’s original position. 5. Finally, make the move as detailed in number 4 in rapid succession….
Yes, he really did say that and yes, he really did do that.
We spluttered and fell about in hysterics with only poor old Kev stood staring in disbelief at what had been suggested. We made a hasty retreat to the room.
We walked along the top floor balcony glancing occasionally at the room windows as we passed. “Doesn’t look very safe” mentioned Dana “The windows are very thin. Really dirty and they look like they’re falling out of the frame.”
“I’m sure they’ll be fine.” I reassured. All the while thinking I’d seen this place on some US cop drama.
We squeezed our way into the room almost immediately falling into the bed as we entered and became aware of an overpowering smell of stale cigarette smoke.
“Urgh, what’s that?” Dana asked.
“Smoke. Smells like cigarette smoke.” I replied while glancing forlornly at the ‘Defense De Fumer’ sign pinned to the wall. “Oh God, open the window. The quilt smells of it too.” I knew this wasn’t going to go well.
We thought we’d grab a shower before going for some food and I made my way to the bathroom with a certain degree of trepidation.
“It has a shower” I said.
“I know” said my wife. “But you won’t fit.”
Wasn’t sure what she meant by that, so I threw the curtain back to have a look and sure enough, I was certain I wouldn’t fit. But I gave it a go.
The water was hot, decent pressure but catastrophe struck. I dropped my shower gel and knew damn well I wouldn’t have the room to bend down and get it. So it was shower off, curtain open, step out, get the gel from the shower tray, back in, curtain closed and shower back on.
Okay, it’s tough to write a review in this style so I’ll move on. The room was tiny, dirty and smelly. The bed was surprisingly comfy and wide enough for two with a bunk above. Bathroom was very basic and equally small.
Didn’t eat breakfast so can’t review that, but please believe me that the Receptionist did indeed suggest my single friend would be ‘entertaining’ himself that evening. Maybe it means something else in France, but I’m guessing not.
This hotel is cheap and very, very basic. It’s placed in a decent location for restaurants and supermarkets (just across the main junction) but it won’t showcase the town. If you just want a shower and a bed on the way through then I’m sure this is fine. If you want a better suggestion for entertainment during your stay then I’d suggest elsewhere.

• Stayed: June 2016, travelled with friends