“Best Breakfast in the area.”
Review of Old Mill Cafe

Old Mill Cafe
Price range: USD 5 - USD 10
Dining options: Breakfast
Description: Rustic charming cafe serving breakfasts lunches and Sunday lunches. Try our homemade cakes.Speciality teas and coffees served .Come and meet our chickens and ducks and our pigs.Chain saw carvings and gifts on sale. Handmade unusual planters including our new pig planters will look great in your garden. Open 6 days a week from 9.00Am till 2pm.Bookings only for parties of 8 or more people.Closed Tuesdays.
Reviewed 9 November 2018 via mobile

Called in a couple of months ago again, and completely forgot to leave a review. The food here is fabulous, the owners are sublime, the views surrounding Old Mill are serene and beautiful.
All round wonderful place, and I can't wait until next time.

Date of visit: July 2018
Lysette w, Owner at Old Mill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2018

Many thanks for kind review and pleased you enjoyed The old mill cafe and surroundings.
WE look forward to seeing you soon.

Reviewed 29 September 2018 via mobile

I find it difficult to write a bad review about The Old Mill as I’ve eaten here a few times and have always enjoyed the food and location but recently the attitude of the owners has been awful and we’ve left both times feeling frustrated and angry. The first time a while ago we walked in and before we had a chance to look for a table we were told by the man behind the counter ‘we’ve no tables’ and he turned his back on us. We left without opening our mouths and went somewhere else where they were more friendly and accommodating.
Anyway today we decided to give The Old Mill another go as the weather’s nice and my mum’s visiting from Sussex. We drove up and as we parked we noticed a lot of tractors parked in the yard so we had an inkling they may be busy. We went in and found a few empty tables, we thought great and sat down. We were looking at the menu when the lady owner came out with breakfast in her hands and said ‘if you’re looking to eat, it’ll be an hour for cooked food as I’ve all the tractors to feed’ then turned her back on us! We felt we had no choice but to get up and leave as it was wait an hour or go. Such a shame that when they’re busy they can afford to lose customers, what about in the winter when they need repeat and regular customers? I won’t be visiting again and won’t be recommending it either.

Date of visit: September 2018
4  Thank jilly672018
Lysette w, Owner at Old Mill Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2018

In response to this review I can only say it is unfair to myself and my husband.
There are only the two of us that run THE OLD MILL CAFE which is our choice and at busy times we may not get the chance to speak and enjoy a great conversation with all our customers. as 20 tractor drivers needed our attention at that particular time .You seem to have a phobia about people turning there back on yourself as you state that my husband did the same another time when all we are really doing is getting on and running our cafe to the best of our ability
Turning my back on you sounds like you think I should have stayed and chatted which I would have done as soon as I could take your order.
Apologies for any frustrations you believe we have caused yourself.

Reviewed 10 September 2018

Does not look much from the outside, but is quite quaint.
The breakfasts are cooked fresh.
Plenty of choice as to the size of breakfast to chose.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 31 August 2018 via mobile

Really really nice place and beautiful location. Lots of animals and a stream with a working mill. JUST needs better Google presence, Impossible to find on Google Maps.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 11 August 2018 via mobile

Been here a few times now for breakfast, cannot fault it, very good quality cooked breakfast , lovely cup of tea, good prices and friendly staff/owners, would definatly recommend and will be back again,,, 10/10

Date of visit: August 2018