“OK Sushi , Great service”
Review of Tokyo Sushi

Tokyo Sushi
Ranked #6 of 11 Restaurants in Sunset Hills
Cuisines: Sushi, Japanese
Reviewed 6 July 2018 via mobile

Walked up to the place, it looked nice. When we entered it was clean and nice, but is smelled fishy( A Sushi place should not smell like a supermarket fish counter). Sat down ordered . The Waiter was very polite and attentive. Prices are average for good sushi. The sushi came out . It was presented well. The rice was slightly dry and slightly grainy. The rolls were average nothing special .The Sashimi did not look prime. Miso soup was good. Anyway , nice enough place. Small improvements could make it great.

Date of visit: July 2018

Reviewed 28 February 2018

During the evening while visiting the area, I happened to find this little gem while driving around looking for something a little out of the ordinary. Having lived in Japan for over 8 years, it's very difficult to find anything that really compares to the original. The restaurant was quaint and homey with a warm greeting from the hostess. The menu was big enough to make any picky eater content with the choices of nigiri, and rolls they had to offer. The sushi is not too bad. California rolls are nice and big enough to make a decent meal out of. I got the Tokyo deluxe sushi set and the nigiri was assorted enough to satisfy. Fish was fresh and the service was fantastic. My only complain would be that the size of the nigiri are about half of what you see at a decent sushi joint. The rice was about the size of decent cat turd with a small piece of fish on it. I mean...come on Tokyo Sushi. At least make the sushi worth the price you charge for the two measly pieces. My two thumbs were bigger than what you served. Other than that, the flavors are on point.

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 19 May 2017 via mobile

I had the spider roll and miso soup. It was very good and presentation was excellent. The service was very good. Very fast too, I was in a hurry and was in/out in less than 30 minutes.

Date of visit: May 2017
Reviewed 23 April 2017

So this place is easy to NOT find. I'm so glad there's a sushi restaurant in South County, Saint Louis. I was spoiled eating a lot of it while I lived in large European cities and whenever I have visited family in Saint Louis (South City), I craved it and this was the place to get it. Still is.

Friendly service, delicious and fresh seafood at good prices. And plum wine by the glass that doesn't come with a sticker shock price tag.

I generally get a take-away (take out) but sometimes I have come in and dined with friends. Service in both cases is always top notch and am always a satisfied customer.

Date of visit: April 2017
Reviewed 19 March 2017 via mobile

We were there on Saturday late afternoon. It was not many people there. The service was good. Food was good but nothing special. I liked their green tea ice- cream though. If you are in the neighborhood and you want a quick bite on a light side- that's a place for u!

Date of visit: March 2017