“Lovely hotel and location”
Review of The Moorings Hotel

The Moorings Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Banavie
Reviewed 8 April 2012

Second time that we've stayed at this hotel, would recommend it for its location and food. The room we were allocated this time was on the Canal side....couldn't have asked for more.
The staff were all very helpful, and all the nice little touches in the room were lovely. Would definitely stay there again if we were in the area.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 April 2012

Lovely Hotel located by the banks of Neptunes Staircase, with views of the Nevis Range and Loch Linnhe. Rooms adequate and clean with all needed appliances, recently decorated to first class condition. Staff friendly and helpful which makes a change, no problems checking in or out, no fuss no issues.
Booked dinner in the Neptunes Restaurant, excellent meal with some special touches not usually associated with 3 star Hotels. Full Scottish breakfast or cold meats available so opted for the full breakfast that lasted us all day, good choice. Overall, excellent stay and would recommend.

Room Tip: Room 17 with a view of Ben Nevis.
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stuart P
Moorings_Manager_12, General Manager at The Moorings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 May 2012

Firstly, thank you for taking the time to write a review on tripadvisor.

Thank you for your kind comments, I am particularly pleased to hear you enjoyed dining in our One Rosette Restaurant, Neptunes Restaurant. We have held our Rosette for over 14 years now and is something we take alot of pride in, an achievement for any hotel I think.

I am glad you enjoyed your too stay and will pass all comments on to my team.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2012

This hotel really knows how to run a restaurant on a busy night...the food was first class and the atmosphere was romantic. We sat on sofas with cocktails and free appetizers before we were seated at our table. After dessert we returned to a private seating area for a relaxing after dinner drink...all without being rushed or hurried.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
Moorings_Manager_12, General Manager at The Moorings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 March 2012

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a positve review about our restaurant..! We have maintained 1 rosette since way back in 1997, the restaurant, style of food and the atmosphere has changed and been moulded over the years and I am glad you appreciated the surroundings, atmosphere and friendly service we currently offer.

Hotel Manager

Reviewed 5 March 2012

Lovely setting. Staff so friendly and helpful without being overbearing.Our Superior Room with view of Neptune's Staircase and the Mountains was spacious and with a good comfy bed.
We had a late lunch pannini when we arrived which was very tasty, and dinner in the restaurant with a few special touches and attentive service was delicious.
Breakfast was as much choice as you would need. Coldcuts for those who prefer, and the fresh fruit salad was great. The full scottish breakfast was fresh, and a delight.
I've been to many 4 and 5 star hotels which don't match up to this one in both service and amenities. Well done to all the staff!

Room Tip: Don't know what the other rooms like, however for the sake of ten quid we were glad we went for...
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank shonacraigbonsor
Moorings_Manager_12, General Manager at The Moorings Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2012

Thank you for taking the time to write a reveiw on trip advisor.

I am glad you enjoyed the setting we are blessed with, the canal offers excellent walks and on a clear day Ben Nevis is quite a sight.

We pride ourselves on our staff and the friendly atmosphere we try to create and I will pass on your comments to my staff, they are appreciated.

I hope to see you returning to the Moorings Hotel in the near future.

Reviewed 23 February 2012

I booked this last minute as I had to divert from Glasgow on business. The young lady that took my booking was very cheery and helpful. I arrived late and was greeted by friendly staff. The room was warm and cosey, and I slept like a log. Breakfast was lovely, I went for the kippers! Again staff were very polite. I wished I'd had time to hang around and enjoy the scenery but will go back up on a holiday anytime:-) my one and only negative, and it's only a little one, bathroom could do with a power shower, I felt like I had to run around to get wet!

• Stayed: February 2012
Also consider these accommodations in or near Banavie
2.7 km away
3.5 km away
Travelodge Fort William
Travelodge Fort William
#9 of 21 in Fort William

Been to The Moorings Hotel? Share your experiences!