“Poor rating for adults - great for kids”
Review of Dive Exuma

Dive Exuma
Ranked #6 of 8 Tours in George Town
More attraction details
Owner description: Offering 2 Tank Dives, PADI courses from Beginner to PADI Pro, Snorkel Tours, Equipment Rentals, Tank Fills and more!
Reviewed 8 March 2012

I'm a bit torn with how to review them. We went with another family - 4 adults and 5 kids ages 8-12. They did the intro dive with us in the pool and it was great. The next day they took us out on the boat to the reef. One guide took the 4 adults and I have to say I agree with other reviewers that he didn't help us (3 complete novices) at all. I've been on dives where the dive master stays with you and checks your ears on the way down and up - nothing. He didn't look back to check on us and he just meandered around by himself. We could have easily gotten lost if we weren't paying attention. My husband and I even saw a huge sting ray under the sand and a few other cool things that he should have pointed out to us. I've been diving all over the world and this was probably the worst guide - no interest in showing us stuff or making sure we were OK or maximizing our time underwater.
On the other hand, they were great with the kids! The 10+ kids had their own tanks and their dive master stayed right with them in shallow water. And Tamara was on the boat watching them too and they stayed right around the boat. Then the divemaster took the two younger kids and let them dive on his octopus. So the kids I felt were very safe, looked after, and they loved it.

4  Thank karen m
"marine life"
"tugboat wreck"
"these guys"
in 4 reviews
"can't wait to come back"
"chat chill"
"instructor"
in 6 reviews

Reviewed 3 January 2012

dives everyday, except Sunday. Good dive-masters

The dive shop has nothing for sale - they only supply the basics for diving. If you need a light/battery/dive computer, you are out of luck. They don't even sell t-shirts.

1  Thank Troy W
Reviewed 19 November 2011

Nice dive family type operation went on a nice dive to the Blue Hole in the Harbor with a couple I meet. Stopped at Chat & something for lunch great food.

1  Thank PGwartney
Reviewed 11 November 2011

my husband got his advanced open water dive certificate and loved his dive master. he was from jamaica and was a wonderful teacher and a lot of fun to be with.

1  Thank Mutton1023
See more reviews
Reviewed 8 August 2011

I read the reviews and thought I would give it a try, not a lot of options in Exuma, as per the last review, Tamera is nice, But I watched as they put in a beginner not certified diver in the water as they forgot to change her tank, and she ran out of air unsupervised, this is totally off the wall wrong, and when I asked aabout the buddy system we dont do that he said, and when I asked about a saftey stop he said we dont need that, I am totally in awe here,

9  Thank rbilly