“Best Cruisers Hangout”

Chat 'N' Chill
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in George Town
Price range: USD 7 - USD 20
Cuisines: American, Barbecue, Seafood, Bahamian
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly, Local cuisine, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, After-hours, Delivery
Description: Chat ‘N’ Chill® is the original party venue on Stocking Island. We facilitate and cater private events and weddings, and operate a bar and restaurant that is open 11-7, 363 days per year. We empower you to have a one of a kind beach adventure, complete with (but not limited to) stingray feeding, volleyball, and nature hikes. Come sample our authentic Bahamian cuisine and enjoy our island oasis!
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

A wonderful place to gather with friends, eat good food, drink cold beers and relax. We had a blast just sitting at the picnic tables and meeting new friends. There are a lot of activities with the beach, beautiful water and swings and, my favorite, volleyball everyday. I would recommend this restaurant to anyone looking for a fun hangout sit on stocking island.

1  Thank chevaf8b
Write a ReviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

What you see is what you get. Fried food on beach with cold drinks. Not sure what others are expecting after reading the less than 5 star reviews. I thought service was good and food was typical of what to expect for a bar located on a beach of which you can order while being in your swimwear with no shoes and sand on your feet. I'll be back for sure!

1  Thank Joshua E
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My husband and I visited Chat n Chill for the pig roast and it surely was delicious! Would highly recommend. This place gets pretty busy so get there early!

1  Thank Lauren I
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We took the ferry across to Stocking Island. We'd planned to spend about 3 1/2 hours during which we wanted to hike the ocean side beach and have some lunch. I was hungry, so we started with lunch. We arrived at about 11:50 am or so and headed to the bar at Chat 'N Chill and placed an order for a couple of conch burgers. We headed outside and wandered around for about 20 minutes. At that point, the sky was starting to look a bit dire (not raining yet) so we headed inside and found a table. Another 10 minutes or so later it began to pour down rain. The place filled up (it had been nearly empty). I enjoyed another cold beer, and we chatted with some fellow shelter seekers while it continued to pour rain. Another 45 minutes went by and weather seemed to clear and people started returning outside. We were still patiently waiting for our food. Finally, at about 1:30 pm, realizing that we were going to miss out on hiking completely if we did not eat pronto, I went to the bar to ask about our lunch. I had seen several large trays of food coming out over the past 20 minutes.

Well, I was treated like a real ugly tourist for even asking after my food. A very snide voice informed me that they were the type of restaurant that made authentic, fresh food and it takes some time. I replied that we'd been waiting for over 1 1/2 hours for some of that food. I was then told that the kitchen did not even open until 12:30 pm.

I had two questions, neither of which were answered:
1) Why did you not tell me when I ordered that the kitchen would not open for another 40 minutes?
2) If I ordered before the kitchen opened, shouldn't my food been amongst the first food to be delivered?
At this point, some other patrons, who happened to be sitting eating at the bar at the very spot I stood to place my order (thusly, they had not been there when I ordered), began chiming in and admonishing me for asking about my lunch. It would have been nice if the restaurant employee had intervened and stopped that, but since he seemed to relish in it instead, I asked for my money back and left. Unfortunately, I had already provided a tip (they had presented the bill and collected the money up front).

This was a very disappointing visit!!!

Reviewed 10 May 2018 via mobile

This place has a “must visit” reputation. We haven’t noticed anything special or anything that worth coming for a day and pay $15 for a water taxi to get there. Have to admit that a conch ceviche made on the beach was great. Stingrays are fun too. But actual place is nothing more than a busy bar with a low service and a warm beer. Wouldn’t go back.