All reviews tasmanian walking company overland track six days hot shower tasmanian wilderness drying room mt ossa cradle mountain side trips great walk great outdoors hiking boots glass of vino welcome sight walking holiday every evening recommend this trip
Reviewed 20 December 2017

I have returned home from completing the 6-day overland adventure trek. What a great trip it was.First of all, I must compliment our hardworking guides, Nick and Zane.They are lovely young men who were terrific company.Their knowledge and passion about the track and Tassie in general really shone through.The huts were warm and cosy and the 5-minute hot showers after a long day walking were a blessing.The meals were also top notch, including hot scones with jam and cream one day and another the best muffins(cherry and coconut) I think I have ever eaten.Very pleased to see Tassie produce showcased in all the huts also.The track itself is so varied and interesting.Over the course of the 6 days, we saw lakes, mountains galore, rainforests and beautiful waterfalls.The views from the top of Mt Oakley were just amazing.You get a real sense of the vastness and splendour of the landscape from up there.It is very wise to follow their gear list, gaiters are a must as there is a lot of mud on the track.You also need to have good quality boots, can't stress this enough as the terrain can be very uneven and wear plenty of sunscreen.If you do all this you will be fine.We were lucky enough to enjoy almost perfect weather.However you can experience 4 seasons in one day on the track so you need to have the right gear.We did the walk with a really nice group of 9 people making the walk even more enjoyable.I have been home 2 days now and am missing the peace and solitude of the beautiful Overland track already.I cannot recommend this trip highly enough and would not hesitate to do another with this company again.Thank you, Nick and Zane and Cradle hut adventures for an unforgettable experience.

Date of stay: December 2017
Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 December 2017 via mobile

This is an experience we will never forget. I want to start off by saying how wonderful our guides were. Vito, Rosie , Steph and Gemma (our hut host at one of the huts) you are an absolute credit to your organisation and I believe our experience would not have been the same without you.The guides worked their butts off from morning until night to ensure we were looked after. They were very understanding of the differing needs of the 12 hikers in our group. It was my birthday while we were out on the track and I got a beautiful serenade from the group in a cave and Vito baked a birthday cake for me which was such a surprise !!We were also very lucky to have a wonderful group of hikers to walk with which took the whole experience to another level. The group were all so much fun and supportive and we truely enjoyed everyone's company.
Now .. some things you need to know - Please make sure you have good / comfortable boots that have been walked in a fair few times (they recommend 20 hours which I reckon is pretty good)You will not enjoy yourself if you have blisters , sore toes or boot issues !! I did online chats with the company a fair bit before the hike about equipment etc and the were super helpful.
You need to be fairly fit .. walking fit .. I would recommend a bit of prior training with a pack (about 8-10kgs) up hills / steps / inclines / what ever you like. I also believe a couple of multi day hikes prior would be helpful!! You need some endurance to back it in for 6 days. You will definitely enjoy the experience much more if you put a little bit of work in beforehand. Get into a stretching routine and make sure you do it morning and night on the track .. it will help you pull up a bit better the day after.
Stick to the packing list .. you don't need anything else!!The merino options are great to wear a couple of times as they don't get stinky.
Lastly enjoy what you came to see .. pause , take a deep breath ,look around you and marvel at the beauty that this incredible part of the world has to offer. Thank you so much to everyone involved in making our Overland Track experience so great !!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mary-Louise P
Reviewed 18 November 2017

One of the best holidays of my life because it was more than a holiday, more than an experience it was sublime. The Tasmanian Walking Co's huts, expertise, and entire set up were flawless. The best part was the guides - Burt and Pat. Thank you so much for showing us such a beautiful part of the world. We will be back to do more walks with you.

Room tip: It's all good
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 11 November 2017 via mobile

I actually searched for the Tasmanian Walking Company (TWC) only after I've completed the tours, because I feel minded to write a good review after my amazing experience. Obviously I haven't done much research before the tours.. I must say I am a little surprised that it took me a while to find them on TripAdvisor (you would've thought everyone knows about them)
I went on both the overland track- cradle mountain hut and the wineglass tour in nov 17. And both have been unforgettable experiences to me. A large part was attributed to the lively and interesting fellow travellers we had; but the reason why we could all bond to each other was because we were so well taken care of by our guides. The guides have a passion for bushwalking, for the nature and the great outdoors. I am very grateful to Kat, Alex, Nic, Diana and Collin; they always place our interests above their own, they take a genuine interest in our wellbeing and they are always there when you need them.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 October 2017

It is all in the detail and this Company is spot on...to make an unforgettable experience. Our guides had the right balance of a good sense of humour, excellent duty of care, local knowledge of the flora, fauna and history, amazing cooks and I mean baked fresh bread every day. They even made a cake for my girlfriends birthday. The huts were warm, comfortable and befitting of the environment. There is no other way to connect with nature and see one of the World Heritage sites...don't think about it, just book. A bucket list moment that exceeded expectations.

Room tip: Walk fast and you will get to chose the best room in the lodge!
Date of stay: October 2017