“Lovely old gaff”
Review of The Anvil Inn

The Anvil Inn
Ranked #1 of 2 Restaurants in Pimperne
Price range: USD 3 - USD 25
Description: A 16th century thatched country inn with eight en suite bedrooms, dining room, bar and residents lounge. Set in rural North Dorset we offer a locally sourced menu with a changing specials board and Sunday lunch lunches. Our bar offers locally brewed cask ales and a fine selection of international lagers along with traditional ciders, fine wines and spirits. Our rooms have recently been refurbished and are a great base for exploring the local Dorset area including the Blackmore vale, Salisbury and the Jurassic coast.
Reviewed 5 June 2018 via mobile

Came here for the second time in three years the other night and paid under £100.00 for the night , including an evening meal. As I had a single room and I am 6’1” it was a little cosy and the less said about having a shower the better,as it was like something out of a pink panther film. I has a fish pie for dinner which I’d give 9 out of 10 , I also had a pudding ( which I can’t remember) I just know it was lush. I only had branflakes for breakfast , as I’m trying not to put on too much weight.
A lovely hotel in a very quaint place ,with free parking AND free WiFi .Back of the net!

Karl B, Owner at The Anvil Inn, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2018

Hi Pete F

Many thanks thanks for posting your great review of The Anvil.
Glad you enjoyed your stay and please do contact us before your next stay so we can do our best to provide you with more suitable facilities.
Hopefully next time you can get to sample our breakfast menu.
We look forward to seeing you again.
Regards, Team Anvil

Reviewed 4 June 2018

As a family of four - with a dog, we called in here on the way home from a day trip to Weymouth. The staff were lovely and very accommodating, the restaurant was cosy and we were made very welcome. The food was to die for and plenty of it, I especially recommend the macaroni cheese. As a vegetarian I found there to be plenty of delicious choices, my husband was extremely happy with his chilli fries and my daughter said the lasagne was the best she had ever eaten. My son could not finish his pizza, but the staff kindly wrapped it up for him to take home, which he enjoyed the next day for breakfast! This is a gem of a place and definitely worth a visit!

Hi TigerCJ
Thanks for taking the time to post a great review. I will pass on your comments to our staff who always try to ensure everyone enjoys their visit to The Anvil. Glad you like our new menu, especially the new look sourdough pizzas and messy fries. We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. All the best, Team Anvil

Reviewed 29 May 2018

We went as a party of 6 to celebrate a birthday. The food was lovely, and the drinks selection was good. The décor was typical of a British pub and we had a good time. The only negative was that service was slow. It took around 15 minutes just to get our drinks (only 6!!), and by the time we were finished there was quite a queue at the bar. Once we were seated, we had to wait a while for the menus and then even more time to order. Our reservation was for 7pm, but we didn't get food until 8.15, so we were all quite hungry!! Having said that, we were all really pleased with our food: the steaks were cooked appropriately to taste and the other typical pub food was delicious. Desserts were a good size too, and very tasty.

Hi ccross2017
Thanks for taking the time to post a review of your visit to The Anvil.
Glad you liked our new steak menu and our chefs take great pride in their home-made desserts.
Deepest apologies for the delay in serving your food which can happen during busy times especially baking hot bank holiday weekends.
We look forward to seeing you on your next visit. All the best, Team Anvil

Reviewed 20 May 2018 via mobile

Thank you to the anvil inn for such a lovely meal, we ate here Saturday evening in the garden. I placed my orders at the bar with the waitresses. Really friendly staff! The scampi and butterfly chicken was so delicious. We shared a cheese board to finish, which was also plentiful and of good quality. We will look forward to coming again with more friends & family.

Hi Lucy679
Thanks for the great review.
Glad you like our new menu. It was a pleasure for us and we look forward to seeing you on your next visit.
All the best, Team Anvil

Reviewed 2 May 2018 via mobile

Had a 3-course lunch here with a large group of friends. The meal was enjoyed by all. The service was friendly and good. There was a wide selection of meals and the quality was superb. All 12 of us were very impressed.