“Truly Paradise!”
other traveller has booked this property
St. John's Most Romantic Villa - located in Coral Bay - Couples or Small Family - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa - 'Clear as Gin' view. - Mooncottage Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa - Private view that only the birds can see - Mooncottage
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Excellent
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa - 'Clear as Gin' view. - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Our master bath view - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Living Area - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Rainbows are pretty common here - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Dive in the pool at Midnight - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Chef's Kitchen View - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Rum and Coke view - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - a flower with dew in the gardens - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - View from veranda - Mooncottage.
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Villa Rental - Private pool view - Swimsuits not allowed - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Yes ... when ONE rainbow isn't enough. Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Grey Pelican lift off Francis Beach - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Ahh, another sunrise - Mooncottage
Coral Bay, St. John USVI Vacation Villa Rental - Mooncottage

Any
aaronkch
“Truly Paradise!”
Reviewed 11 June 2017 for a stay in May 2017

My fiancee and I arrived on the 18th of May for what felt like the shortest 10 days in our life. We were married the 21st and spent our weddingmoon at a truly magical place with the best views in St John in my humble opnion. Upon booking the owner Brian was extremely attentive and quick to respond. He offered advice on resturants, beaches, and general information which was very helpful. He even called during our stay to check up on us and see if there was anything that he could assist with. The morning sun woke us every day and we relaxed with our coffee by the pool. At night the waterfall and wildlife put us to sleep along with the cool breeze.

If you are looking for a magical place where you can simply packup the ice chest, snorkeling gear, and head out for an adventure on the daily basis St John and the Mooncottage will not dissapoint you. We will be returning in the very near future.

12 Jun 2017
Thank you for the beautiful review ... we try our best ... and, you were truly lovely guests. Please come back and visit us in the future.

Shelleya9...
Berea, Ohio
“A Life-Changing Escape”
Reviewed 17 March 2017 for a stay in March 2017
person found this review helpful

My husband and I arrived home from the Mooncottage 5 days ago after an 8 day stay. Two things I am certain of. First, I have no idea how to express and describe the utter bliss we experienced at the Mooncottage. I feel that no matter what I write it will be inadequate. Second, we can't wait to return someday. The Mooncottage blends right into the landscape, surrounded by lush plants and flowers. The view of Coral Bay is so stunning it actually looks computer-generated. You will not even believe it is real. The wildlife that visit you every day--hummingbirds, anoles, thrashers, frogs, etc. were our favorite part. The symphony of the frogs and insects combined with the warm breezes created the perfect lullaby every night. Every wall opens in the cottage to allow breezes to pass through from every direction. We had absolutely no problems with mosquitos. We slept with just the screens closed at night. The only time we wore insect repellant was on a hike in the National Park. Neither of us had a single bite (and insects love me usually). The kitchen was fully stocked, the sound system in the house was great, the Apple TV nice for evening movies. We loved the two bathrooms plus the two outdoor showers. There were more bath towels and beach towels than I have ever seen in one place! The snorkeling gear was good. Others mention the bumpy ride up to the cottage. You get used to it quickly. It is no big deal. My husband has had back surgery and it didn't bother him a bit. Believe me, once you get to the top and you see your view and see how absolutely private and quiet it is, you will realize how worth it it is. My husband and I have jobs where we have to deal with people all the time. We have travelled all over, always searching for the perfect place for complete privacy and peacefulness. There is complete privacy here, trust me. We spent 90% of our vacation at the cottage. No need for beach trips, you have the best view, pool, terrace, and beach chairs at the cottage. The only time we left was to buy food/drinks at the grocery store (Dolphin Market was fantastic- there is a small but adequate Dolphin Market in Coral Bay and a larger one in Cruz Bay. We found everything we needed to make multiple meals at the cottage. The markets were very clean). We also left to do the Coral Reef hike in the National Park (stunning hike and very challenging on the way back up to the trailhead, ~ 1000 feet). We went snorkeling in Salt Pond Bay one day and we had one of our dreams come true as we found an adorable sea turtle to swim with! Some things I worried about that you might also wonder about--the water in the Mooncottage is safe and filtered. My husband and I manage to get some kind of GI distress everywhere we go even though we take all the precautions. We drank bottled water, but we used the ice cubes made from the filtered water in the cottage and we brushed our teeth with the water and it was just fine. Neither of us got sick. We brought along some produce wash to clean the fruits and veggies we bought at the markets (as we would do at home anyways) and we were just fine eating them. My husband and I are both Vegans so we ate A LOT of fresh fruits and vegetables. I would advise you not to plan a lot of activities away from the Mooncottage during your stay because you won't want to leave it. We did sunrise yoga on the terrace every morning and read several books a piece while there. I also wanted to mention Brian and Bob. Brian was wonderful to deal with in all of the planning of our stay. He made great recommendations and everything was seamless. He was easy to contact. He made an awesome recommendation to have "Christy's of St. John" deliver an arrival meal (a pizza from Ronnie's Pizza-YUM) and some basic groceries for our first night there. It was so amazing to have all of that waiting for us when we got there after a long day of travelling. I would highly recommend using this service. Bob, the property manager was also amazing. It was comforting to know he was just a phone call away if you needed anything (but he was never intrusive, never just "showed up"). He helped us with directions, he showed up one night in 5 minutes when we called because we couldn't find a can opener- he brought one immediately. I know this review is long. I have never wrote one this long because I have never been this passionate about a vacation property. It is zen, it is romantic, it is private. We had the good fortune of being there for a full moon--UNREAL!!!! We left there so peaceful, so relaxed. I cried on the last day, and for a couple days after, I wanted to go back so bad. If you are looking at other places, forget it. Book the Mooncottage, it will change your life...

12 Jun 2017
Thank you so much for the beautiful review ... sorry for the delay in replying. But ... you were truly wonderful guests!

Kindest regards,

Ashford L
“A perfect getaway”
Reviewed 12 November 2016 for a stay in October 2016

My wife and I had not taken a vacation away from the kids since, well, never, so we were looking for a spot to enjoy a beautiful island and we found it in Mooncottage. Overlooking Coral Bay and with an amazing view of the BVI's you couldn't ask for better views. Mooncottage has sliding doors that never should be closed so you have in effect almost an effect of no walls. Great snorkeling is nearby as are several spots to have a drink or grab a bite to eat. But when the day is done there is nothing better than to grab a glass of wine or a rum drink and jump in the pool and just relax. At night when you climb in bed you are serenaded by bird and tree frogs - it's like nothing you've ever experienced before. We hope that we can come back again and just relax.

12 Jun 2017
I'm so sorry for the delay in replying to this beautiful review. We loved having you as guests. You, were truly wonderful as well!

Kindest regards,

cpatrickm...
Wayne, Pennsylvania
“Perfect Getaway!”
Reviewed 8 June 2015 for a stay in April 2015
person found this review helpful

Mooncottage was the perfect setting for our recent attempt to get away form it all and experience something special. The photos and reviews are all true. It’s a beautiful setting and very secluded and private. It’s the perfect place to relax, regroup and reconnect! As with any week long stay there were a couple of very minor issues that popped up but the property manager, Bob, was always immediately available to sort things out. Also be aware that the ride up to the cottage may be a bit bumpy for some but totally worth it once you get there. All in all it was a great experience and we highly recommend it!!!

Your age range 35-49
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
  • Was your security deposit returned on time?
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 24 April 2015 for a stay in March 2015

Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Liked best: The view and the beauty of the house itself. And the huge porch. And...
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
USD 571
Night
Week
Book Now
Or, send the owner a message
This property has Payment Protection
Never pay for your holiday rental by wire transfer.
Learn more about paying safely.
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing