All reviews home away from home internet motorbike villa island siargao resort
Reviewed 7 September 2015

Even just walking into Lux was an unparalleled experience. With its modern homey atmosphere, open floor plan and quirky art pieces decorating many of the house's corners, it was a sight for sore eyes after a long day of traveling. Our host Larry was very accommodating, friendly and all-around cool--he gave us a lot of tips on surfing, what to visit on the island, and even hung out with us for a few beers. The two German Shepherds were also a fun treat--Kona and Sonic were just as playful, and would follow you to the beach to play fetch. The pool was a favorite spot to hang out after a day of exploring the island, and the fully equipped kitchen makes preparing quick meals easy--although the staff was also very helpful in preparing dishes for us. The rooms were luxurious, with thick comforters and pillows that made it hard to get up in the morning, and at night a quaint fire pit was an ideal spot for a late night bonfire by the beach. Make sure to try out the sushi bar too--the Lux Roll is delicious, while the Chef's Special is a unique roll the chef comes up for each diner. Definitely one of the best places I've stayed at. Keeping this place in mind for the next time I'm in Siargao.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 September 2015

Having come from a 3 hour boat ride from Surigao to Siargao I was sincerely hoping to arrive in a place to wash out my worries from the city. Yes I did.

It was my first trip to the breathtaking island of Siargao and upon arriving at the hotel, all my expectations were blown away.

We were greeted by the owner, Larry who was a friendly, and attentive host committed to making our stay perfect.

The villa was nice and spacious with all the amenities: a large outdoor living room area with an open kitchen, wifi, TV, a comfortable king size bed, large bathroom, outdoor shower and of course a pool. It’s located directly in front of the beach where Larry was generous enough to lend us his paddle boards free of charge. It was spacious, it was beautiful, it was private.

In the four days we spent staying at the Lux, I say overall our stay was amazing and personal experience. Even in an island known of it’s extreme sports of surfing and crashing waves, there we can find a peaceful homey place to be.

We were definitely sad to leave and would return in a heartbeat.

• Stayed: August 2015, travelled with friends
1  Thank PaprikaCreative
Reviewed 1 August 2015

I've visited a friend who was staying at Lux this July and found the resort "Fantastic". The rooms are very well designed and very comfortable. The resort owners were also super nice and friendly. They also have the first sushi restaurant in Siargao. Very delicious and prices reasonable as compared to Makati. We've also tried the house Sake which was refreshing. I'll probably try and stay here on my next visit to Siargao.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 July 2015

Wow, this amazing new little exclusive resort is located near the world famous Cloud9 surf break and situated in view of rock island and Stimpys surf breaks..if you are looking for pure comfort and luxury on your next surf trip I highly recommend LUX.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent but if you want to feel like a king go with the master sutie
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 July 2015

I had the opportunity to stay here at the opening (July 2015). There's really not much else like it, particularly for the price.
The location is amazing! It's only 1km from the busy Clould 9, but a much more pleasant environment. First, the weather is different. The island gets a fair amount of wind, which is in your face (onshore) at Cloud 9 and Gen Luna, but Lux is around the corner from Cloud 9 and enjoys a sheltered space, with calm water. Secondly, it feels very residential, which I like. Whereas most of the other resorts are exposed to noise, crowd and traffic. Lux Siargao is located next to a gated community, on what is currently a dead-end road.
The owners (Larry and Lani) are Los Angeles natives and the place shows it. The resort is beautifully designed and built. As such, the 5 guest rooms are up-scale and very comfortable, with a big flat-screen Satellite TV, wifi and wired Internet, real air conditioning, lots of pillows and very nice, well appointed bathroom. There are 5 rooms total - one of which is called the Master Suite. It's pricey, but is really decked-out.
There are two restaurants: Sushi @ Lux (located at the beach) and a cafe at pool-side. The Cafe is good, with a buffet style lunch and dinner. The sushi restaurant is outstanding.
The pool is another feature of interest, as it is clean, fresh and big. The biggest on the island. It is nicely situated, with a big deck and poolside bar-service.
As always, a hotel is only as good as the service and this is where Lux Siargao earns its five stars. Larry and Loni are backed by great, responsive staff that treat guests like royalty.
Did I mention the beach out front? :)

Room Tip: All the room are equivalent, but the second floor suites have a really nice view.
  • Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple