“Room with kitchenette and fabulous view of the lake and mountain.”
Review of Bogen Hostel

Bogen Hostel
Reviewed 29 March 2015

Keys were ready when we arrived. The owner help us with our luggages and we paid up in our room (wireless payment via card, paperless too). He is very helpful and funny. By the way, the payment receipt will be sent to your email. The room is spacious, Kitchen+Dinning table/Beds/Coffee table with a view over the lake was perfect. We had only a night stay, as we are moving from Lofoten and depart via Harstad/Narvik airport the next morning. 15min drives to the airport, 5 mins to the nearest grocery shop. We didn't get to explore due to the snowing weather. We stay comfy and enjoy the room.

Room Tip: Quiet town, a good stay over to relax before moving to the next destination
  • Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lazypigcess

Reviewed 10 March 2015

Very nice and clean hotel, friendly people, amazing rooms view!
Breakfast able.
We had an appartments with a kitchen, all equipped and clean.
At 800 mt supermarket, Nervic is about 25 min by car, and very beautiful roads around.

Stayed: March 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ValeriaReino
Reviewed 4 March 2015

I was here for two nights in February 2015, the night before and after my 7 day photography tour to Lofoten. It is a great location as it is about a 20 minute drive to the Harstad-Evenes airport and it is serviced by the Fly Bus. There are four very nicely appointed bedroom suites, all with large picture windows overlooking the fjord. I got to look into all of the rooms before other guests arrived and they all looked like they were newly renovated and immaculately clean. One unit was a small suite with a small kitchen, the others were large bedrooms with sitting areas. On my first night, I had a room with an ensuite bathroom, it was large and immaculate with a great shower and plenty of hot water. On my last night, I had the one room of the four that doesn't have an ensuite bath but it was not a problem. The shower room and separate bathroom were directly across the hallway and I was the only person using it as the other rooms had private facilities in their rooms. There is a nice common room with tables and chairs with coffee and tea available all day. The owner was very personable and helpful. I have made several trips around northern Europe and I know a guesthouse when I see one; the Bogen Hostel should be the Bogen Guesthouse.

Room Tip: The room without an ensuite bathroom was fine in my opinion but when booking, you can ask for a room...
  • Stayed: February 2015, travelled solo
1  Thank Joehel2
Reviewed 10 February 2015

We needed a place to stay the night before a flight out of Evenes Airport, which is a 15 minute drive from Bogen Hostel. And this place was perfect. Our room overlooked the fjord and had a well-equipped kitchen, too. It was a restful night's sleep and the room was clean and comfortable. The mattresses could have been a little more comfy (you can feel the springs a bit) but nonetheless I slept very well. Lots of free parking and easy to find the place as it's right along the main road but still very quiet. I would stay again and love to see the location in summer. The owner greeted us on arrival and wasn't bothered that we didn't arrive till nearly 11PM. Checkin was easy and fast.

• Stayed: February 2015, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Terry W
Reviewed 29 January 2015

The place from the outside looks very modest and inconspicuous. But once when you enter the door and meet the host you feel will warmly welcome and secure. This place hasn't remarkable interiors but there is something cosy about it that allows you to relax. It's a perfect place to get away from all the hustle and bustle. And the host is always at your service.
And the view! Yes! No matter which room you get the view is incredible!

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled as a couple
1.6 km away
Evenes Fjordhotell
Evenes Fjordhotell
#2 of 2 in Bogen i Ofoten

Been to Bogen Hostel? Share your experiences!