“Cheap affordable accommodation. Get what you pay for!!!”
Review of Sofia Dianne

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Calbayog City
Sofia Dianne
Ranked #7 of 13 Calbayog City B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 February 2016

Pleasant staff, rooms ok, prices ok, cold drinks in the fridge are cheap, A/C works & people complaining they have to carry their own bags up the stairs seriously?! if you want luxury then pay for it!!!

Room Tip: Cheap accommodation at a cheap price, if you want luxury go elsewhere!!!
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with friends

Reviewed 7 October 2014

I booked this hotel as suggested by my friend because it's nearer to their place compare to Ciriaco hotel. I emailed their reservations and requested for airport pick-up service that comes with an additional fee of Php 100. Upon arrival at the airport, the driver is holding a signage with my name and escorted us to the van, it was a decent and new van and he was very courteous.
The hotel is pretty from the outside but no pool or any other activities. When I approached the front desk for check-in they greeted us and asked us if we wish to stay at the upper floor or ground floor room and we decided to stay at the ground floor and they handed over the key. When we entered the room, I was disappointed since I know that the hotel was new and there's nothing special about it just plain boring. The interior was horrible, the bed have 2 thin smelly pillows and a thin sheet just to cover ourselves. The aircon is working properly but the temperature knob is broken. The shower area is just plain that comes with a hot and cold shower don't expect for complimentary toiletries, they'll only provide thin soup. There's no complimentary breakfast also and when we ordered our meal, the staff mistakenly wrote down our order but in fairness their food is affordable and delicious. Lastly, there's no cable signal on our last day.
Overall, if you just need a place to rest and you'll go out the whole day then this is the place considering the rate.

• Stayed: October 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank ac m
Reviewed 24 August 2014

We transferred here due to a bad experience from another hotel. We ended up at Sophia Diane as recommended by a tricycle driver. We were not disappointed. The place is quite nice, clean, comfortable, and secured. It's affordable and best value for money. The staffs are very friendly and accommodating. What I love the most are the foods. It's delicious. During the duration of our 3 days stay, we ordered almost everything from their menu. They also have an airport service which we find quite cheaper and more comfortable than the usual public transport.

The only problem I encountered was the difficulties connecting to their WiFi (I constantly need internet connection due to the nature of my work). The staff told me that their WiFi is not yet repaired so there's no WiFi signals inside the room except outside near the bar where the WiFi connection is strong.

I will definitely return there again and will surely recommend it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Eustass-Kid
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Staff very polite. Stayed on 3rd floor, no elevator, no bellhop so had to carry my bags up 3 floors. Room nice with recessed ceiling with ornate wood surround, but infestation in the wood and sand like wood bits on bed every 2 hours. Limited menu, even further limited by capabilities of on-duty chef. After 20 mins wait I was told that the chef who can make cheese sticks was day off, so I ordered fries, took another 20 mins, then 20 mins later my sandwich was delivered [total wait 60 mins for sandwich]. Despite all, I will return there in 2 weeks cos best value for money in town.

Room Tip: Room 322 has wood rot.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank David T
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I was at Sophia Dianne Hotel and Restaurant with my friends and it was last year if I am not mistaken it was December . The situation you had experience is very sad Candice 1972 but if I would be on that position/employee on that hotel maybe I'll just ask for an apology . Maybe that time the hotel is fully booked . And to what you have said you are a regular guest and it was your first time experience at sophia dianne maybe the past time there you feel good naman siguro , lets just accept that was already happen as a guest I would like to ask an apology for what did happen as a regular guest also . Lets just face the reality that no matter what there is no perfect but as far as I observed they give what I need and that's a satisfaction for me ! I am a traveler so far so good . nice :) cleanliness is there ..

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends