Hotel Dafam Pekalongan
The Sidji Hotel(Pekalongan)
TripAdvisor
All reviewsroom was cleannice hotelcarefourshowercentrecomfort
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 September 2015

i stayed there for one night only.i nice location,right across big supermarket but pretty far from train station if youre not travelling by car.breakfast was nice but not so many choices. when i stay there the pool was under construction but from the looks of it, its a pretty big swimming pool with an ok view and small jacuzzi

Stayed: October 2014
Endro S, General Manager at Hotel Dafam Pekalongan, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2015

Dear Ibu Amanda,

Warmest Greeting from the Inspiring Comfort of Hotel Dafam Pekalongan

We are thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Dafam Pekalongan.

Reviewed 11 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed two nights with my families during peak season (eidolon Fithrie). The price was very high, almost 4-5 times compare to regular price. I paid 1.42 million rupiahs for a regular price 300-400k rupiah a night.
The room is average. The staff is good and helpful.
The breakfast is below average. But the in room service dining is nice and nit expensive.
I suggest to be careful when book using Ag**a. When I booked the price was 650k a night but when i submitted payment the price was change to 1.42 million a night. A big price difference for just an ordinary room. So do not forget to snapshot the price if you book this hotel using Ago**a.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled with family
Endro S, General Manager at Hotel Dafam Pekalongan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Dear Bapak Aji,

Reviewed 3 August 2015 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel 2 nights. Definitely can recommend this hotel. Fast check in and out, helpful multilingual staff, laundry returned on time, booked taxi was there in time etc. I suggest booking the non-smoking floor if you are a non-smoker, and book online for a good deal, walk in rates are pricey. Don't attempt dinner in their restaurant! I got a Thai beef salad and it was really terrible. The buffet also looked very average. Better to venture out to Coffee and Beyond for dinner. The hotel Breakfast buffet was great.

Stayed: August 2015, travelled solo

Dear Bapak / Ibu Sandy,

Reviewed 30 June 2015

Pekalongan is still developing and there are not that many hotels around here just yet. Dafam Pekalongan is a nice business hotel that has good facilities and great service for its class. The staff really went above and beyond to meet the needs of their guests.

They have a great range of buffet breakfast menu at a very reasonable price, and the Chef arranged a very good tasty lunch with local specialty menu (Nasi Megono and Soto Pekalongan) for my group, even though we made the request on the last minute.

As for the rooms, the size is compact. It would be too small for leisure purposes, but for a transit, it is just perfect. The room is fully equipped, and they have a unique closet that lays behind the full mirror at the end of the room.

Do try their Jamu-with-a-twist welcome drink upon arrival.

Room Tip: Non smoking floor is always best
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank aysheew

Dear Bapak / Ibu,

Reviewed 22 May 2015

Stayed at the property for two nights mid May 2015. Checked in early evening on a Wednesday so lobby area was quite. Check in was fast and was showed to room, 702, promptly (Executive room). Room was equipped with a comfortable double bed, good bathroom facilities including good water pressure and temperature. Tea and coffee facilities were available and two complimentary bottles of mineral water daily. Air conditioner worked well. I do note however that on arrival there were some ant like pests on the study table beside the kettle (Possibly attracted to the sugar sachets). In some areas of the room the wallpaper was beginning to peel and some obvious dirt stains present.
With my room package I received wifi and daily buffet breakfast. The internet connection varied in strength depending upon the time of access and where you stood in the room. This got rather frustrating so often I'd be standing at the room entrance just to get a decent connection on my phone. Buffet breakfast was filling with a good variety and from memory, was available between the hours of 6am-10am daily. Hotel had a nice swimming pool but due to my short stay I didn't get to use it. A well equipped Gym was also present on the same level as the swimming pool.
As an International customer I did find at times staff struggling to communicate using English, this could also be improved. On my first morning I was also told that my package did not include buffet breakfast, even though my itinerary clearly stated it as a part of the package. After having a word with the reception and showing them my check in voucher, I was told that on their end they had nothing stating I was entitled to a breakfast daily. There was obviously a mix up somewhere along the line and after speaking with management directly I was given an apology. Breakfast was included after all.
Hotel location was great with many local eateries within walking distance and a shopping mall housing a large supermarket across the street.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo