“Great Service”

Hotel Dafam Pekalongan
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Pekalongan
Reviewed 30 June 2015

Pekalongan is still developing and there are not that many hotels around here just yet. Dafam Pekalongan is a nice business hotel that has good facilities and great service for its class. The staff really went above and beyond to meet the needs of their guests.

They have a great range of buffet breakfast menu at a very reasonable price, and the Chef arranged a very good tasty lunch with local specialty menu (Nasi Megono and Soto Pekalongan) for my group, even though we made the request on the last minute.

As for the rooms, the size is compact. It would be too small for leisure purposes, but for a transit, it is just perfect. The room is fully equipped, and they have a unique closet that lays behind the full mirror at the end of the room.

Do try their Jamu-with-a-twist welcome drink upon arrival.

Room Tip: Non smoking floor is always best
  • Stayed: May 2015, travelled with family
1  Thank aysheew
Endro S, General Manager at Hotel Dafam Pekalongan, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2016

Dear Bapak / Ibu,

Warmest Greeting from the Inspiring Comfort of Hotel Dafam Pekalongan

We are thank you for your comments regarding your stay at Hotel Dafam Pekalongan.

Reviewed 22 May 2015

Stayed at the property for two nights mid May 2015. Checked in early evening on a Wednesday so lobby area was quite. Check in was fast and was showed to room, 702, promptly (Executive room). Room was equipped with a comfortable double bed, good bathroom facilities including good water pressure and temperature. Tea and coffee facilities were available and two complimentary bottles of mineral water daily. Air conditioner worked well. I do note however that on arrival there were some ant like pests on the study table beside the kettle (Possibly attracted to the sugar sachets). In some areas of the room the wallpaper was beginning to peel and some obvious dirt stains present.
With my room package I received wifi and daily buffet breakfast. The internet connection varied in strength depending upon the time of access and where you stood in the room. This got rather frustrating so often I'd be standing at the room entrance just to get a decent connection on my phone. Buffet breakfast was filling with a good variety and from memory, was available between the hours of 6am-10am daily. Hotel had a nice swimming pool but due to my short stay I didn't get to use it. A well equipped Gym was also present on the same level as the swimming pool.
As an International customer I did find at times staff struggling to communicate using English, this could also be improved. On my first morning I was also told that my package did not include buffet breakfast, even though my itinerary clearly stated it as a part of the package. After having a word with the reception and showing them my check in voucher, I was told that on their end they had nothing stating I was entitled to a breakfast daily. There was obviously a mix up somewhere along the line and after speaking with management directly I was given an apology. Breakfast was included after all.
Hotel location was great with many local eateries within walking distance and a shopping mall housing a large supermarket across the street.

• Stayed: May 2015, travelled solo

Dear Sir / Madam,

Reviewed 26 March 2015 via mobile

This is my 1st time staying at this hotel and surprisingly they are almost fully book for regular day of the week. The room is decent and clean and it is more for business hotel as the location is very strategic and easy to find

Stayed: March 2015, travelled with friends

Dear Bapak Andreas,

Reviewed 20 March 2015

I slept in this hotel for 3nd time and found no serious problem. Pros: fast check in - check out, relatively new building, breakfast with various menus, free wifi internet connection, strong shower with good temperature, clean and comfortable bed, quiet room, swimming pool and fitness center at 2nd floor. Cons: not too friendly front office staff when I checked in, tiny parking space.

• Stayed: March 2015, travelled on business

Dear Bapak Alex Santosa,

Reviewed 7 January 2015

This hotel is right in front of carefour hypermart. The location is very strategic, only 10 mnt to Pasar Batik Setono and 20 mnt to the beach.
Various food for breakfast buffet and the pool is comfortable for kids.
The room is clean and also free wifi.

• Stayed: January 2015, travelled with family
2  Thank InaSantoso
Endro S, General Manager at Hotel Dafam Pekalongan, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2016

Dear Ibu Ina Santoso