New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in East Fremantle
Darwin
“Good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed at this hotel on business. I am fairly picky about hotels and did not arrive in a good mood as my boss had suggested this hotel - hence I had no say in it :-( On arrival when walking to the reception we walked past several rooms where the 'view' was of the lift area or darker areas of the walkways. I was not keen at all on having a room situated like this as I like to be able to see out into natural light.

At reception I mentioned that I was not keen on a room near the lift or near the busy/dark parts of the walkways. I was given room 303 on the top floor and I was very pleased. This room looked out of the sliding door onto natural light. My colleague had a room I think was 208 and it was just as nice.

The room itself was very nicely decorated and the beds and linen were very comfortable. There was a little kitchenette and I managed to buy some food to cook myself for breakfast and dinner. The breakfast was nice (only had one day) but I did think if you were a couple staying here that $26 each or $52 per couple would definately be too much.

The room was cleaned very well each day. TV had many channels.

Pub next door was great to meet colleagues in and have some dinner. There is secure parking available for no charge.

Others have said about the door being a sliding door which I didn't have any problems with as my room has a patio bolt on it for extra security. Curtains are 'block out' so no problems with privacy.

When I left I did notice that the bottom floor where reception is has like cobbled floor which made it very noisy when wheeling my bag along (sorry if I woke anyone!!). If staying here again I would just make sure I had a room away from the lift on the second or third floor.

Lou

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Karrajinifan, Director of Sales at Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle, responded to this review, 22 August 2011
Dear Lou and Paul,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a positive review on the Tradewinds Hotel.

We are always willing to accommodate our guests special requests where ever we can.

Im so glad you enjoyed meeting your colleagues in our bistro/patio area. The complimentary parking is definitely a great service for our guests.

We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel.

Kind regards

Tania Graves

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
London
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2011

Rooms have a strange set up. Your front door is also your balcony door and it's just a glass door.... You'll either be safe and hot or unsafe and cool... Breakfast very good for this hotel. The rooms smelled of smoke from previous guests, not so good if you don't like stale smokey rooms... Location is amazing if you want to be near beaches...

Room Tip: Request river view
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Karrajinifan, Director of Sales at Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle, responded to this review, 8 August 2011
Dear Sika165

Thank you for taking the time of completing a review, your opinion is extremely important to us as your comments and suggestions assist us in strategies to continually improve the quality of services and facilities.

It is always a pleasure to receive positive comments and we thank you for your feed back on breakfast and the amazing location. We are also very fortunate to be in a safe location, although we still complete regular security checks and provide reverse cycle air-conditioners for guests that like to close their doors.

I was disappointed to read your comments regarding your room as smoking is prohibited in the rooms and unfortunately housekeeping didn’t action the issue, this type of service is not the true standard to which Tradewinds Hotel aspires, I can offer no excuses only apologize for the inconvenience caused.

We are delighted that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to the Tradewinds Hotel in the future.

Kindest Regards
Sales & Marketing Manager
Brisbane
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2011

Stayed here for one night in-transit. I think we had been put in the darkest, dingiest room in the place on the ground floor ... and the route from reception to our room was decidedly stinky. Like, rotten eggs stinky. Not a pleasant start to the stay. I had requested a room with river views, but booked a "hot deal' thought wotif so I guess that was their way of filling up the sub-par rooms.

We had a room with a queen and a single bed, which suited the purpose. The kitchenette was really helpful, with a small child in tow. But it looked like an original 1970's kitchen fit-out, as did the bath/shower in the bathroom. It was clean. The TV was located in the 'bedroom' area, which is weird considering that there is a 'lounge' area in the rooms, and this made for interesting times when Mum & Dad wanted to watch TV after the child has gone to bed. We ended up rolling the single bed into the 'lounge' area and closing the very stylish slatted sliding door until he'd gone to sleep and then we rolled him back in again.

Our rate included breakfast which was ok. Standard buffet fare. Nothing exceptional. We weren't offered espresso, so no idea if they could make it, so had to settle for percolator coffee. The dining area would have to be the best looking part of the property.

The photos on tripadvisor are probably representative of the upstairs rooms, which seem to have a lot of natural light, but don't be fooled. If you're unlucky enough to get a downstairs room away from the river, be prepared for a dark and dingy room. Atleast they have free parking. I'm not sure that the $220+ price tag justified the free parking though.

Room Tip: Don't book 'hot deals'
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled with family
Dear BrissieKiwi,

I really appreciate you taking the time to write a review on the Tradewinds Hotel. Your opinion is extremely important to us as your comments and suggestions assist us in strategies to continually improve the quality and services.

All the points mentioned in your feedback have been duly noted and we have addressed your concerns with our Maintenance and Kitchen departments.

We do always try to comply to our Guests requests. If a River view room (which are always on a request basis) is available we will do our best to see that your reservation is fulfilled.

Thank you again and I appreciate the time you have taken to provide us with your feedback.

Kind regards

Travellers are raving about these East Fremantle hotels

Perth, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 May 2011

I've stayed at a few hotels in Perth and this was definitely the worst value! Our room was a Spa room which turns out are all on the ground floor (views of the river not even an option) there were no windows apart from the glass sliding entry door so the room was dark and dingy, and so noisy! We could hear everything going on outside. We were also woken up in the morning well before check out time by cleaning staff barging in, and to find out the power had gone out. Without so much as an apology for the power outage or the terrible front desk service, we were charged the full room rate, which was extortionate for the quality of our stay. I will never stay here again!

Room Tip: Go and stay somewhere else like the Esplanade Freo
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
melbourne, australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2011

stayed at tradewinds for business travel, i stayed in room 215, bed was very comfortable however, the noise form the elevator just out side the room kept me awake for most of the night.
If you choose to stay here ask for a room away form the lift.
It has alfresco dinning , and the pub adjoining the hotel is a great place to meet and have a few ales.
Its location is too far to walk to central fremantle, however you are opposite the river.
rooms are spacious and have a kitchenette.The room also has a small area with a couch to watch television.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
East Perth
Fraser Suites Perth
Hougoumont Hotel Fremantle
#1 of 22 in Fremantle

Been to Tradewinds Hotel Fremantle? Share your experiences!