Hanmer Apartments(Hanmer Springs)(Great Value!)
USD 101
Hanmer Springs Retreat(Hanmer Springs)(Great Value!)
USD 89
USD 105
Larchwood Motel(Hanmer Springs)
USD 56
Alpine Garden Motel(Hanmer Springs)(Great Value!)
USD 89
Settlers Motel(Hanmer Springs)
USD 106
Tussock Peak Motor Lodge(Hanmer Springs)(Great Value!)
USD 108
USD 105
Alpine Springs Motel(Hanmer Springs)
USD 119
Glenalvon Lodge Motel and B&B(Hanmer Springs)(Great Value!)
USD 72
Harrogate Gardens Motel(Hanmer Springs)(Great Value!)
USD 99
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 16 July 2017

Felt a little let down with our stay. No one to greet us and phone messages went unanswered, key just left in door. Being winter would have been nice if the heat pump had been set on low as took a while to warm up. The on site restaurant was closed which we hadn't been advised of when booking which was a shame.This is average accommodation, not luxury, cobwebs floating from the lights, grease on the hob.... The sprinkling of snow overnight made for an enjoyable stay although we did feel like we were trespassing on private property.

Room Tip: Average accommodation with a luxury tariff
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 May 2017 via mobile

On Anzac day, hubby and I took the scooter on our usual route, I suggested having coffee and dessert at the Hurunui Village, Blacksmith's. We called in on our way home,about 3.30pm. There were only about 5 other people there, anyway the staff were very friendly, and we ordered coffee and hubby had a Hurunui Stone fruit Clafoutis, and I had the Caramelized Citrus Tart. We were told there would be a 20 minute wait for the Clafoutis, we said that was fine as we had our coffee. The setting is lovely there. You can sit at tables outside on the grass area, there's an outdoors BBQ oven, you could wander through the vineyard.
The toilets are very clean and modern.
The joys of cellphones and mobile data, We had to look up what a Clafoutis was...It's a baked French dessert of fruit covered in a thick flanlike batter.
The desserts duly arrived, hubbys Clafoutis was definitely worth the wait. It came out hot in its own wee cast iron pan, they apologised the they had just run out of stonefruit so had added grapes to the dish.
My tart was ok but his was definitely the better choice.
Other dessert choices were Poached Quince Crumble, Summer Sundae, or Tiramisu. All reasonably priced at $12.
Was an enjoyable experience. And we'll be back. Coffee was great also.

Stayed: April 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2017

A train trip with a "Hold UP", by the local "Hillbilly's", was fun, very surprising and followed by a superb spit roast meal at the village. Sadly during the Quiz, one team googled and won by half a "cheating point" Would recommend to all !

• Stayed: October 2016, travelled with friends
Reviewed 21 January 2017 via mobile

Hubby and I were doing a scooter ride, we decided to go the SH 7 route to Culverden, Waiau, and Cheviot.
Traffic on the road north was flowing nicely. And I thought hmmm I've never been to the Hurunui Village building, (which is right next door to the Hurunui Hotel, which is now red stickered due to the recent earthquakes).
Next moment hubby is indicating to turn in to the car park. GREAT MINDS THINK ALIKE.
Plenty of car parking available, great "old time" themed outdoor seating available.
We ordered our drinks from the large cafe, huge seat area inside the building also. Quite rustic. A chap was setting up for some live music to entertain. The coffees arrived by a very cheerful young lady,
Only when I started drinking did I discovered my cup hadn't been cleaned very well. I took it back and told the barista, and another coffee duly arrived.
We had a look at the menu, the desserts sounded absolutely scrumptious..eg Liquorice Parfait with Lime sauce or something like that. About $12.
We will have to return to try them out.
Coffee was well made

Stayed: January 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 December 2015

I have been to this restaurant 3 times, unfortunately it has been organised by other people so I had no choice but each time the food has been very average and the prices high. I would never choose this restaurant.
It may be fine for overseas visitors as the $ would not be so high for them so would make it a reasonable price.

Stayed: December 2015, travelled with friends