Back for our third visit. The food is still excellent - possibly even better. And the welcome is still great. We were due to stay three nights and try Helvellyn and Skiddaw but a foot injury meant that we had to reduce to one night with no hill walking. The Cottage was able to accommodate this and kindly brought us into the main house - thank you Cath.
It's not just the dinner that is great but also the breakfast - absolutely lovely, especially the special. We enjoyed Liam's wine choices and Monica is a great addition to the staff.
The cottage remains a great 'restaurant with rooms' and we look forward to coming back to attempt those hills again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- 17th Century former coaching Inn located in the middle of Whinlatter, England's only mountain forest. Stunning views of the Forest Valley and Skiddaw mountain range. The Forest hosts a variety of wildlife including Deer and Red Squirrels. This restaurant with rooms has achieved recognition through the award of Cumbria Tourism's Taste Cumbria 2016 and 3 AA rosette for culinary excellence. 'The Cottage' is featured in the Good Food Guide and Good Hotel Guide. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your The Cottage in the Wood reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Cottage In The Wood Hotel Braithwaite
- The Cottage In The Wood Braithwaite, Keswick, Cumbria