Lowest prices for your stay
AU$102
Fully refundable before Thu, 25 Apr
Hotels.com
All reviews swiss village chocolate shop golf shop indoor pool self contained ducks bakery launceston onsite
Selected filters
Reviewed 9 February 2024

On the last night of our two weeks in Tassie we booked in here as a cheap option. All my Tasmanian friends said, "It isn't what it was". I read the reviews and booked it anyway. After all, how bad could it possibly be for a one-night stay?

I think it's important to say something positive about a place when you leave a negative review... Our unit was fairly clean. I'll give it that. Sadly that's the only reason for me giving a star. If it were not for the cleaning team, this place would be rated as a negative. What a dump!

The whole resort is very run down. I have the strongest feeling that it's only online bookings keeping it alive. The pool was disgusting and every single thing that was available to keep kids entertained was ridiculously expensive. We booked a Three Bedroom Superior Lodge. I'd really like to know what it was superior to, because it was pretty damn ordinary. It was evident that there have been several phases of renovation to try and keep it up to date. In this, the management has failed miserably. The 1980's still reigns supreme and just like your old photos with big hair and shoulder pads, you can't help but look at it and cringe a little. The new, dismal grey "feature wall" does not cover the 1990's peeling paint over the tiles in the bathroom and kitchen. Nor does it account for the disconnected smoke alarms. There was a 'newish' K-Mart branded microwave in the attached studio but that was the best of it. The ensuite was so small I had difficulty washing my hair or brushing my teeth.

The sign in the kitchen suggesting that if you don't want to wash your dishes it is "only" a $20 charge for staff to do them explains why the cupboard was full of dirty cups. The beds were the hardest and most uncomfortable I've ever experienced anywhere in the world. 48 hours later I still have back pain from the bed. The WiFi dropped out every 45 seconds making it less than useless. The shiny new smart TV could only receive one free-to-air channel and I couldn't change the volume. Streaming anything was definitely not an option.

When it came time to check out, I stood in an empty reception area and waited. And waited. And waited. Then I gave up and dumped the keys in the early checkout box and fled to find a breakfast that wasn't $30+ per person.

Go back factor: Given the standards for the price paid: Nah, Yeah, Nah, Hell no!
I'd rather sleep under a bridge, sharing the space with murderhobos. I've stayed in grottier places, but there's no comeback from the concrete slabs that are the beds.

-3/10.

Room tip: Find somewhere else to stay
Date of stay: February 2024
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Teleost
Reviewed 14 January 2024 via mobile

Very tired, unkept and outdated “resort” which, unfortunately, still charges exorbitant prices for the “privilege” of staying there. After being placed on hold for an eternity we managed to book a “lakeside spa room” while in town for a family wedding and arrived to find an old wooden cabin overlooking a murky dam with the odd reed and bulrush lining the shore. The room was cramped with minimal facilities and the grounds were rundown with potholes all along the internal driveways. The bathroom was dominated by an old dirty spa with pink mould around the jets which we had to crawl into to take a shower! The final straw was being woken at 5am by a flock of screeching native hens outside our room. Quite frankly we couldn’t get out of the place fast enough.

Room tip: Don’t bother.
Date of stay: January 2024
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Daydream793921
Reviewed 14 January 2024

Very very disappointed!! Packed up my family and drove a decent distant to take the kids to splash golf only to get there and be told ( very Rudely and with a lot of attitude) from the people in the shop that there was no balls and we couldn't play it. There was also another family with us and as we stood out the front deciding what to do we also seen other large groups being turned away.Now there were heaps of balls floating in water that could of been collected but instead all we got was spoken to with rudeness. Was really looking forward to giving it a go but after this experience we will be giving it a miss.
I wouldn't recommend!!

Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank Trip23349368068
Reviewed 18 December 2023 via mobile

This place is amazing, the rooms are comfy with all the amenities you would expect. The resort itself features everything a family would want on their holidays. The pub/restaurant was great with really good service and food was great to. If travelling this way again I will definitely stop here. Thanks guys for a wonderful experience.

Room tip: Great location close to Launceston and both west and east coast bass straight.
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 December 2023

The room was very tired and outdated. Definitely not worth the cost. Beds are hard. The sink was smaller than my caravan sink. There was no drainage and water went on the floor when doing the dishes. And it’s an electric shock hazard waiting to happen as the sink was not far from a power point. The sink was that small it wouldnt fit the big dinner plate in it. There was lack of kitchen items. You have a microwave and they didnt even have a microwave dish to use, we had to go buy one. The tv was tiny and the wifi was bad signal wise. The tv was so out of date unable to connect to any streaming services. The spa was out of action. It was a waste of money. We were ment to stay one more night, however we went home a night early. I’ve stay at better motels. Never again will we be back.

• Trip type: Travelled with family