“Stop trying to push the TIP onto patrons when paying! Hate this from staff! ”

The Box on the Water
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh modern Australian cuisine in a prime waterfront location with panoramic views. Open for lunch daily 12-3pm. Dinner Thursday - Monday 6-9pm. Bar menu Friday - Sunday 3-6pm with happy hour 4-5pm. Cafe & garden bar open daily 7-4pm. Licensed. Closed Christmas Day & Boxing Day only.
Reviewed 12 July 2023

Totally felt a bitter taste in my mouth when the lady at the end asked if i would like to tip! This is AUSTRALIA! Paying $47 for a piece of barra should be enough!
You would of got five star, but due to the fact you quite blatantly made sure i knew where the tip button was, and asked if i would like to, and then when i said no, you screwed up your face and ripped me off the machine receipt, you get a 4 star.

The Barra was great, fresh, and the sweet potato mash that it came with was also very creamy and tasty ! Very nice indeed! Paired with the recommended wine of choice on the menu, and it was a good choice.

The duck live pate wasn't our favourite, and being served with two chunky bits of bread, wasn't the best presentation. Butter with the bread would of been better which we asked for, and it was O-K.

Service at the table was good, good view of the water, chilled atmosphere and plenty of people kicking back having a feed and enjoying the sunshine.

Overall not a bad spot for a feed, pricey, but the tip suggestion totally annoys me, and you're not the first venue trying to push a tip onto customers! Hate it!

Date of visit: July 2023

Reviewed 25 April 2023

Had a coffee and chai at the outside kiosk. It was warm milk- no flavour at all. Very disappointing.

Date of visit: April 2023
Reviewed 5 February 2023

set price lunch 2 courses $59 or 2 small plates + 1 side, yesterday I chose kingfish cerviche, beautifully balanced, lime, chilli & coriander 10/10 😋😋😋
roasted cauliflower, nice but needs seasoning 7/10
slow cooked pork belly, disappointing, overcooked, the last piece I spat out, too tough & chewy 6/10
fine dining ... on a hot day, we were served warm table water, after 3 small plates I decided to order affogato, it came out espresso, icecream and frangelico, I declined the frangelico and was asked if I wanted a virgin affogato? yes, whatever, when the server returned he asked if I wanted a spoon with that? I wasn't sure if he expected me to eat the icecream with my fingers?
service 6.5/10 some of the servers were good, some not so good
food, mineral water & affogato $68
small plates big prices $$$

Date of visit: February 2023
Reviewed 31 January 2023 via mobile

We were looking for a fine dining restaurant with water views on the Central Coast to celebrate my youngest daughter’s birthday and this restaurant ticked all the boxes!
The restaurant is located on the foreshore overlooking Botany Bay.
You must book. We dined outside overlooking Botany Bay , but it was very windy, so we moved inside when a table became available! It has a limited food and drinks menu, highly recommend the A la carte menu. Good service.

Date of visit: December 2022
3  Thank GregMS57
Reviewed 18 January 2023

Quick stop with hubbie while on holidays at this unique place.
Didn't stay for long. Beautiful location.
Lots of friendly people out and about.

Nice bite to eat.