“Eat the view”

The Box on the Water
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Fresh modern Australian cuisine in a prime waterfront location with panoramic views. Open for lunch daily 12-3pm. Dinner Thursday - Monday 6-9pm. Bar menu Friday - Sunday 3-6pm with happy hour 4-5pm. Cafe & garden bar open daily 7-4pm. Licensed. Closed Christmas Day & Boxing Day only.
Reviewed 2 May 2021

By far the best thing about "The Box on the Water" is the view. After 4 years of living 2 blocks away, I finally came for Saturday lunch mixed results. The paella was reportedly good while the 12 hour Brisket Burger was a disappointment. The brisket was unpleasantly fatty and sliced rather than shredded making for an oily mouthfeel. I think a $26 sandwich should deliver a much better experience. The $15 children's menu included a drink and ice cream (which was not offered or served). When I made the booking for 12:30 I was told we could only stay until 1:45 which I reluctantly accepted. This may be a frequent occurrence as 5 more tables were seated after us. (Possibly a marketing attempt at double lunch sittings?) BTW, the breakfast menu looks wonderful. My advice would be to come for breakfast, book in advance and watch out for the table time limit.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (792)

Reviewed 5 April 2021 via mobile

I visited the restaurant with my wife and close friends over Easter. I found the food to be very good but the highlight was the staff who were so friendly and efficient in their work. The views are also a highlight and would certainly visit again.

Date of visit: April 2021
1  Thank garysP2094PC
Reviewed 21 March 2021 via mobile

A lovely place to sit and look out to bobbing boats, kayakers, dog walkers etc. Healthy Hardy breakfast recommended. Very popular so a booking suggested. Parking available close by.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank Takeahat
Reviewed 13 March 2021

We had a wonderful lunch at The Box on the Water. We did share plates and dessert. The food was excellent, the service fantastic and the view was amazing. We absolutely loved it.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 15 February 2021 via mobile

We had the Degustation Menu & it is fantastic! Loved every single dish. If you have the time I highly recommend it & do the matching wines. Our waitress was very friendly & knowledgeable.
Don’t book to late as they may start packing up around you & unfortunately, we couldn’t get another delicious cocktail after our lunch. When booking be sure to ask what time they close. Enjoy

Date of visit: February 2021