“Excellent stay with very friendly hosts”
other travellers have booked this property
Bird's Eye View of Pool Area at night
Gazebo and bridge overlooking pool Hammock swing and hammock in pool area
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Enquiry
Very good
Bird's Eye View of Pool Area at night
Gazebo and bridge overlooking pool
Hammock swing and hammock in pool area
Fish pond with side garden in background
Entrance pathway to Yellow, Orange and pool area
Koy fish pond
Vine tree gazebo adjacent to fish pond and stairs to Orange and Yellow
Stairs leading down to aparments Yellow and Orange
Double bed with bunkbed area in background
Sky Blue Kitchen and Dining Area
Sky Blue Bedroom
Chill out area overlooking pool and deck chairs
Chill out area at night overlooking BBQ area and Gazebo lit up
Pool, Jacuzzi Cave, Chill Out Area - at night
Sky Blue Lounge Area with sunny Patio in background
Sky Blue Kitchen, Dining, Desk, & Entrance to Bathroom and Bedroom
Yellow Main Bedroom
Orange Main Bed & Kitchen Area, with entrance door in background
Orange Kitchen, Main Bed, & bunkbed area in background
Chill out area - at night
Jacuzzi cave from the inside - right hand side
Spare Bedroom Yellow 2 singles ( can be converted into large Double )
One of two identical bathrooms in the Yellow Apartment
Bunkbed area in the Orange apartment
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Italian first
Any
Judith199...
Wageningen, The Netherlands
“Excellent stay with very friendly hosts”
Reviewed 6 September 2017 for a stay in August 2017

We stayed with a group of 12 and rented all three interconnected apartments. The mailing contact was immediately very friendly and Paul and Josanne provided us with all the possible information we needed. In addition they arranged for us a free taxi-service from the airport, which was nice since we arrived pretty broken, late at night.

The whole area with the garden and the pool was ours, since we rented the whole property. This is probably less relaxing if you have to share the garden and the pool with other renters, but nonetheless the garden is big and there are several secluded areas. The pool itself was deep, cool and had a cave with jacuzzi, very nice! One day the pool was a bit green with algae, but when we notified the hostess she immediately had it fixed.

The inside of the apartments is fine. Not very luxurious, but all the basic stuff is present. The beds were good and clean and there were plenty towels. AC-cards can be bought with Paul and Josanne if you want a cool room, but fans were everywhere.

You have to be a bit quiet after midnight, because the apartments are located in a residential area. Also the pool should not be entered after midnight. For us this was not really a problem since we stayed either inside the house sleeping or on the street dancing. But if you would like a midnight-pool-party with blaring bass music, you should go somewhere else.

All in all Paul and Josanne made our trip amazing and we stayed here with pleasure!! Definitely a recommendation!

Naomi J
Peterborough, England, United Kingdom
“Beautiful”
Reviewed 6 August 2017 for a stay in September 2016

This was not my first stay with Paul and Josanne, I have rented both the yellow apartment from them and also their gold apartment in Sliema.
My first stay was at the yellow apartment with my friends for a special birthday. There were 5 of us, and we found the apartment to be great for us. And the garden was beyond what we expected. We had a weeks stay and enjoyed the pool, barbeque, and garden throughout our stay. We felt like an extended part of the family as they were so helpful and friendly throughout.
I returned for a family holiday and the yellow apartment wasn't available for our dates, but we took the apartment in Sliema instead. Paul.and Josanna were amazing hosts yet again, and invited us up to visit for the day as well on a quiet day.
I would highly recommend staying in these apartments as you will not be disappointed.

kris_finn...
Reading, United Kingdom
“Beutiful place, with unrivalled customer service!”
Reviewed 2 July 2016 for a stay in June 2016

What can I say?

Our stay at the sky blue apartment was amazing. The accomodation was clean and well presented with a pool area that really is an oasis. The place looks just as good in reality as does in the pictures.

Paul and Josanne are two of the most friendly and accomodating people you could wish to meet. They are very welcoming and attentive yet they are never imposing and your privacy is always respected. Nothing is too much trouble and they will always go out of their way to make sure your stay is as comfortable and stress free as possible. They really have an understanding of how the little things can count for alot on your holiday!

I have visited Malta many times and I can safely say we will definitely be staying here again, you really do get the personal touch.

Kristian & Megan

Travelling group: Spouse/Partner
Your age range 18-24
Recommended for:
Friends getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Families with young children
Large groups People with pets
charli-ma...
rotherham
“Could and should be a lot better.”
Reviewed 12 October 2015 for a stay in September 2015
person found this review helpful

I was disappointed, the apartments themselves were ok but a few occurrences really soured our holiday:

1) The cleaners were not shy with the soap and water when cleaning steps that lead to the exit of the apartment, this lead to a member of our party slipping and banging their head on the steel gate, this required hospital treatment/stitches. They couldn't get their hair wet, which included swimming for 7 days. The cleaners were clearly at fault, as the owners told us when they apologised, they were using the wrong soap on the steps. It was 10am, we were off out for the day and some maltese friends had come to collect us, We were carrying prams out of the gates and the cleaners were literally spraying soap and the hose at our feet. The owners brought a cake round later in the day as way of an apology, in England it would have been a court case, they don't use signs to warn of wet/slippy floors etc so be very careful.

2) The dogs were lovely until the rotweiler took ill and required medication from the vet. The dog then confronted and backed me and my 2 year old son into a corner on one occasion and then my mother on another occasion, the only thing stopping it getting at me and my son was a pram and a lovely lady who was staying in the other apartment, my mother luckily managed to get through a ate and close it. The owner Paul did make sure it was locked away after this but this shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Also the only thing that separates the dog pen from the patio of the sky blue apartment is a vented gate, when the dog pen was washed out, the water came straight under the gate onto the patio area.

3) The orange apartment fridge and tv didn't work (I told the owners this although they knew the tv was broken upon check in), the fridge was replaced very promptly but the orange apartment didn't have a tv for the 2 weeks we were there.
The patio on the front of the blue apartment is not private at all, the cleaners and owners are up and down walking 2-3 feet away constantly to the garage area where their cleaning products/utensils and washing machines etc are kept.

4) The pool area is lovely, what I didn't appreciate is for 2 days some lighting been fitted to the koi carp ponds, for those 2 days there was drilling and banging which on one of the days was less than 4 feet from where my 2 year old son, who was asleep on the hammock before they started work like he wasn't there. Not exactly a peaceful serene haven.

5) I agree the owners need a life and will have friends around but when those friends have children that seem to find it funny to try to annoy the dogs by barking at them to try to get a reaction and banging and swinging the gates thinking it was fun, it got really annoying, especially as this was only around 10-12 feet from our apartment door. They do use the pool on a Sunday with friends and the area isn't really big enough for it if the apartments are full for 8-10 other people to be using the pool area, We decided to go out on a Sunday.

6) The pool area seemed to often get neglected by the cleaners, bins were often not emptied and the pool toilet never had any toilet roll, we had to take our own in. On the Monday after the owners friends had been round a pair of used swimming shorts were left next to the pool, they were still there 2 days later, They were no adult males apart from me staying at the apartments so they were from the owners party.

The walk to the shops isn't as far as some people are making out, a leisurely 20 minute stroll has you at a couple of decent size supermarkets, cafe bars and pizza places, 45 minutes and you're at St Georges bay, we walked numerous times with a 6 month old, a 2 year old and a 59 year old.

There was a few other things, I did always tell the owners when we were unhappy and they always apologised and seemed genuinely sorry and tried to put things right, on most occasions.

I hope the owners take our honest comments and fact based review on board and put a few new procedures into practice, that could help their future clients enjoy their holidays much more.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Liked best: The pool was great
Liked least: A few things........... see review
Travelling group: Young Children
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Management Response
24 Feb 2016
I had tried to contact the guests, both by phone and also by email, to try and clarify some of their issues, but these never replied. For this reason I have had to reply to their complaints by way of this website, in the order they were received.

Please let me start by saying that it was a very unfortunate incident which happened to your mum. The cleaning company that we engaged earlier this summer have been released from their duties following this incident, however in their defence, I have to say that it was not the steps leading to the apartment, but these were the steps leading out of the complex; as our grounds, contrary to what the guests state later on in their review, are continually cleaned, and at the time of the incident there were 2 cleaning girls washing the stairs, with buckets, brooms, and soap, and it was clear to all that the floors were wet. upon seeing that you wished to go out another girl came to assist with finishing the works but you decided not to wait for them to finish. The fact that I came over with a cake was an impromptu reaction of my sincerest apologies and if there was more I could do, I certainly would have complied. No amount of cake or cakes would relate to the incident itself. I was, as you know, also ready to take mum to the hospital, and to see to her needs but you preferred to have your friend take her instead of us. I asked about mum on a daily basis, almost continuously, and also offered to take her again to the clinic to take out the stitches. I can assure you I never shy away from my responsibilities.

Our dog has never been reported to have acted in such a way and while I will give the guests the benefit of the doubt , I have to say that at the time the dog was very very ill with a heart failure and had hardly any energy to walk let alone to run. On receiving your complaint the following day, I put the dog away in his pen for the rest of your stay. The kind ladies that the guests mentioned in their review never mentioned anything about the dog, but they had often remarked that the guests' baby cried on a continuous basis, often spoiling the quiet they enjoyed. The guests fail to mention that our noticed, our dogs are well pampered and believe it or not these are often taken out on the leash by guests' children, under our supervision, for a walk to the nearby fields. The vented gate that you mention that separates the dog pen from the patio is totally blocked off, on the inside, with perspex. This was done to make sure that Sky Blue apartment will be literally shut off from any pet odours. If water seeped it is for the obvious reason that the pet pen door had been washed and some water must have seeped through, but I'm sure it was only a trickle, if any, as no other guests have ever made any adverse comments about this.

The TV in the Orange apartment was, as you mentioned, not working, and when I mentioned that I would be replacing this for you (we do keep spare TV's - nowadays these cost almost next to nothing), you had mentioned that your mum was watching the TV in the Sky Blue apartment. I was made to believe that a TV was not really necessary in Orange but this I should have realized that I should have replaced it anyway. As you also mention, a new fridge was brought in to replace the broken one, and so it wouldn't have been a big issue to also replace the TV. Had I known that a TV was an absolute requirement to you in Orange, I would have certainly complied without hesitation. I feel it is unfair that the guests have to mention something they did not require as a shortcoming on our part. While the patio in Sky Blue is private to you, it does not mean that one cannot use the stairs that pass adjacent to it as these also lead to other areas other than to the mentioned patio and so I feel this comment is unfortunately taking it a step too far. The guests write that they mentioned so many other things which needed to be put write, and so if this bothered them so much, why hadn't they mentioned it (we would have obliged by by-passing the stairs, even if this takes us a few more metres to walk - it would have been no big deal).

The lights in the pond had been playing up and instead of leaving the area in pitch darkness, and so risk having someone having another accident, it was decided to install additional lighting. The workmen assigned to do this work had arrived late afternoon to install a switch, adjacent to the hammock which you so liked; this required the drilling of just 2 holes in the wall. I cannot force my guests to sit elsewhere during this brief period (although there were many other places in the pool and garden areas which the guests could have availed themselves to, but it seems these decided to stay put). Had the noise been going on for the full 2 weeks, and not just for limited times, then I would agree that the place was not exactly a peaceful serene haven, but I assure you the works were carried out not only to make the garden area look more exciting but also because the pond lights were not providing enough light in this area to allow safe passage from one end of the bridge to the next, and we felt that this was a requirement and not some frivolous idea.

On the day our friends were over, I specifically remember asking the guests for their permission for our visitors; I recall that you had said that you were also going to be out that Sunday afternoon. Our friends, when invited over, fully understand that they cannot use the pool area when the apartments are rented out exclusively to one family (it must be mentioned at this point that these guests had NOT booked all the 3 apartments and so other guests could also use this place, and not just them); still I felt that I should ask for your go-ahead. I believe you had already made plans to go out that Sunday and not because our friends were coming over as this sends the wrong message. It was probably after you returned that there was a bit of a stir by the 2 boys, although in all fairness these were immediately stopped. I also wished to clarify that the pool, unless all the apartments are rented out together by the same family or group of friends, is a shared pool, and I don't think that the fact that the 2 boys also used the pool, under supervision, would have mattered even if you and the other guests also decided to use the pool all at the same time. I distinctly recall that you were not in the pool area at the time because it was only the other lady guests who were using the table to have drinks, in the company of a friend they brought over for the afternoon. I also wished to mention that I had no objection to you inviting your own friends over on a number of occasions, and by the same token, I would have understood that you also would not have minded us to do the same; I recall, and thank you, for having kindly asked for our permission to allow your friends to join you, and quite rightly I also reciprocated in the same manner. It is, for this reason, that the guests' comments are very one-sided and paint a different picture from the truth.

Our cleaners, as you know, are present daily; other than their apartment cleaning duties, they are also entrusted with the cleaning of the pool area, emptying of bins, ashtrays, etc. This work is normally done right at the beginning of the day or at the end of their working day; unfortunately they cannot be there on a continuous basis, and because our other lady guests always enjoyed a smoke in the garden, it was not possible for the ashtrays or the bins to be emptied continually. I was not aware that the bathroom had no toilet rolls at certain times but 2 daily rolls are replaced in the pool bathroom. If they go missing I have no control of that. At the same time, the cleaning of the barbeque is not usually our responsibility, but I believe our cleaners also attended to this the morning after it was used. You also make note of a pair of used swimming shorts which you said were found the day after our friends visited. I do recall these shorts because even I was baffled as to who these belonged to and quite honestly thought these were either yours or belonged to someone else, but certainly not to the 2 children we had visiting for a couple of hours that Sunday afternoon. You may perhaps have forgotten that the day after your arrival, we also had a group of young people (both male and female) who were staying with us in the Yellow apartment for just 2 nights (these had moved to Yellow, as planned with them months earlier, from one of our other apartments). It must have been that Sunday that this group of young men and women must have left this swimming shorts, and it was perhaps the first Sunday, and not the following Sunday that you may have noticed these. As you also know, the pool area is equipped with a clothes hanging rack which guests are welcome to use for their towels, etc. to dry off. I had assumed that this must have belonged to you, or that these guests may have left it behind, and so I decided to wait a while to see if it is removed (by you) and, failing that, I would then have to assume that this belonged to these young guests and so I decided to then put it away. It is important that facts are put right, however in our defence, I would also need to mention that it was not the first time that our cleaners removed dirty diapers from the pool bathroom - although we do take it as our responsibility to ensure that all common areas are kept tidy, it is certainly not in our chore to clear away personal or soiled items which could have otherwise been easily put away in the dustbin in the same toilet.

I can understand that the incident with your mum had a negative affect on your holiday, and for this and any other shortcomings that the guests mention, we can only offer our regret. The guests were a lovely family and despite their negative and often misleading comments in their review, we will always respect them for having stayed with us. We also wish to mention that any comments that can help us improve our property and our service are always taken on board and acted upon, as rightfully these guests also mentioned in their review.
Cheryl F
“wonderful tranquil haven. made the holiday!”
Reviewed 11 September 2015 for a stay in July 2015

Paul and josanne were the upmost wonderful hosts, they put up with a group of 10 Scottish friends, they must be super hosts.
the villa itself was homely and well maintained it brought a tranquil haven feeling to us all after nights out at paceville. the outside area where we spent most of our time as it was the most beautiful garden and pool area, was well maintained, clean and full of fun structures. we dined outside using there stone bbq and sat in the gazebo with a lovely view of the pool and waterfall which leads to a hidden cove Jacuzzi bath. they were the pleasant couple who even put up with us for a meal which was cooked by us so they are brave to have even ate it. it was honestly one of the best vacations I have been on, and it had a huge amount to do with paul and josanne. I cant wait to get back to malta and play again in the sun and the pool and maybe have another trip to best ice cream shop ever with the two of them. huge thanks to the two of them.
Cheryl.

Travelling group: Friends
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a holiday rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travellers
Set up your free listing