We stayed with a group of 12 and rented all three interconnected apartments. The mailing contact was immediately very friendly and Paul and Josanne provided us with all the possible information we needed. In addition they arranged for us a free taxi-service from the airport, which was nice since we arrived pretty broken, late at night.
The whole area with the garden and the pool was ours, since we rented the whole property. This is probably less relaxing if you have to share the garden and the pool with other renters, but nonetheless the garden is big and there are several secluded areas. The pool itself was deep, cool and had a cave with jacuzzi, very nice! One day the pool was a bit green with algae, but when we notified the hostess she immediately had it fixed.
The inside of the apartments is fine. Not very luxurious, but all the basic stuff is present. The beds were good and clean and there were plenty towels. AC-cards can be bought with Paul and Josanne if you want a cool room, but fans were everywhere.
You have to be a bit quiet after midnight, because the apartments are located in a residential area. Also the pool should not be entered after midnight. For us this was not really a problem since we stayed either inside the house sleeping or on the street dancing. But if you would like a midnight-pool-party with blaring bass music, you should go somewhere else.
All in all Paul and Josanne made our trip amazing and we stayed here with pleasure!! Definitely a recommendation!
This was not my first stay with Paul and Josanne, I have rented both the yellow apartment from them and also their gold apartment in Sliema.
My first stay was at the yellow apartment with my friends for a special birthday. There were 5 of us, and we found the apartment to be great for us. And the garden was beyond what we expected. We had a weeks stay and enjoyed the pool, barbeque, and garden throughout our stay. We felt like an extended part of the family as they were so helpful and friendly throughout.
I returned for a family holiday and the yellow apartment wasn't available for our dates, but we took the apartment in Sliema instead. Paul.and Josanna were amazing hosts yet again, and invited us up to visit for the day as well on a quiet day.
I would highly recommend staying in these apartments as you will not be disappointed.
What can I say?
Our stay at the sky blue apartment was amazing. The accomodation was clean and well presented with a pool area that really is an oasis. The place looks just as good in reality as does in the pictures.
Paul and Josanne are two of the most friendly and accomodating people you could wish to meet. They are very welcoming and attentive yet they are never imposing and your privacy is always respected. Nothing is too much trouble and they will always go out of their way to make sure your stay is as comfortable and stress free as possible. They really have an understanding of how the little things can count for alot on your holiday!
I have visited Malta many times and I can safely say we will definitely be staying here again, you really do get the personal touch.
Kristian & Megan
|Friends getaway||People with disabilities|
|Older travelers||Families with young children|
|Large groups||People with pets|
I was disappointed, the apartments themselves were ok but a few occurrences really soured our holiday:
1) The cleaners were not shy with the soap and water when cleaning steps that lead to the exit of the apartment, this lead to a member of our party slipping and banging their head on the steel gate, this required hospital treatment/stitches. They couldn't get their hair wet, which included swimming for 7 days. The cleaners were clearly at fault, as the owners told us when they apologised, they were using the wrong soap on the steps. It was 10am, we were off out for the day and some maltese friends had come to collect us, We were carrying prams out of the gates and the cleaners were literally spraying soap and the hose at our feet. The owners brought a cake round later in the day as way of an apology, in England it would have been a court case, they don't use signs to warn of wet/slippy floors etc so be very careful.
2) The dogs were lovely until the rotweiler took ill and required medication from the vet. The dog then confronted and backed me and my 2 year old son into a corner on one occasion and then my mother on another occasion, the only thing stopping it getting at me and my son was a pram and a lovely lady who was staying in the other apartment, my mother luckily managed to get through a ate and close it. The owner Paul did make sure it was locked away after this but this shouldn't have been allowed to happen. Also the only thing that separates the dog pen from the patio of the sky blue apartment is a vented gate, when the dog pen was washed out, the water came straight under the gate onto the patio area.
3) The orange apartment fridge and tv didn't work (I told the owners this although they knew the tv was broken upon check in), the fridge was replaced very promptly but the orange apartment didn't have a tv for the 2 weeks we were there.
The patio on the front of the blue apartment is not private at all, the cleaners and owners are up and down walking 2-3 feet away constantly to the garage area where their cleaning products/utensils and washing machines etc are kept.
4) The pool area is lovely, what I didn't appreciate is for 2 days some lighting been fitted to the koi carp ponds, for those 2 days there was drilling and banging which on one of the days was less than 4 feet from where my 2 year old son, who was asleep on the hammock before they started work like he wasn't there. Not exactly a peaceful serene haven.
5) I agree the owners need a life and will have friends around but when those friends have children that seem to find it funny to try to annoy the dogs by barking at them to try to get a reaction and banging and swinging the gates thinking it was fun, it got really annoying, especially as this was only around 10-12 feet from our apartment door. They do use the pool on a Sunday with friends and the area isn't really big enough for it if the apartments are full for 8-10 other people to be using the pool area, We decided to go out on a Sunday.
6) The pool area seemed to often get neglected by the cleaners, bins were often not emptied and the pool toilet never had any toilet roll, we had to take our own in. On the Monday after the owners friends had been round a pair of used swimming shorts were left next to the pool, they were still there 2 days later, They were no adult males apart from me staying at the apartments so they were from the owners party.
The walk to the shops isn't as far as some people are making out, a leisurely 20 minute stroll has you at a couple of decent size supermarkets, cafe bars and pizza places, 45 minutes and you're at St Georges bay, we walked numerous times with a 6 month old, a 2 year old and a 59 year old.
There was a few other things, I did always tell the owners when we were unhappy and they always apologised and seemed genuinely sorry and tried to put things right, on most occasions.
I hope the owners take our honest comments and fact based review on board and put a few new procedures into practice, that could help their future clients enjoy their holidays much more.
|Overall condition of the property||Bedding & mattresses|
|Kitchen & utensils||Bathroom cleanliness|
|Other facilities & amenities||Service|
Paul and josanne were the upmost wonderful hosts, they put up with a group of 10 Scottish friends, they must be super hosts.
the villa itself was homely and well maintained it brought a tranquil haven feeling to us all after nights out at paceville. the outside area where we spent most of our time as it was the most beautiful garden and pool area, was well maintained, clean and full of fun structures. we dined outside using there stone bbq and sat in the gazebo with a lovely view of the pool and waterfall which leads to a hidden cove Jacuzzi bath. they were the pleasant couple who even put up with us for a meal which was cooked by us so they are brave to have even ate it. it was honestly one of the best vacations I have been on, and it had a huge amount to do with paul and josanne. I cant wait to get back to malta and play again in the sun and the pool and maybe have another trip to best ice cream shop ever with the two of them. huge thanks to the two of them.