“Really needs some updating”

Seabonay Beach Resort
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Hillsboro Beach
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The reviews said that this facility was updated, but my room was old, rusty blinds, warped cabinets and musty smelling. The staff although nice and pleasant were quite ineffecient when it came to quoting correct prices and sending out email confirmations. When I arrived to check in, the price I had been quoted was doubled, and that was after speaking with 4 different people and requesting my confirmation 4 times. I have to say that they did honor the price I was quoted originally, and the private beach was beautiful. I probably would not stay there again, and if the rooms actually go for double what I paid, I would definitely not stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 May 2011

I have been to this hotel before the renovation, I heard they did many improvements & remodeling, so thought I would give it a try again, since the prices are still very reasonable there...just came back from there, I can say that they did an amazing job with this hotel, me and my friends were there for 3 days, we took 2 private beach view rooms, and enjoyed every day of this new, beautiful and comfortable visit, the staff there were extremely nice & helpful.. no complaints!

Room Tip: Beach view rooms
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank oritmaimon
Seabonay, Guest Relations Manager at Seabonay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2011

We truly appreciate your kind words here. Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with others. We've worked hard to make improvements and it's really nice to see that our loyal guests are noticing.
Thanks again. We hope you have a chance to come back to see us again, soon.
There are even more positive changes to come!

Reviewed 14 May 2011

This seemed to me to be a locally owned and managed operation and I could see the efforts made to update and moderize it. The room wasn't exactly what my sister expected in terms of size and space. But it was clean and that's what we needed. We had a good view of the beach and the bed was comfy.
The OUTSTANDING part of the trip came afterwards! I left behind my favorite clothes-hanging in the closet, of course, as well as my phone charger. I called them the next day to report it, and the staff had turned in everything. They must have known those clothes were my favorites!! After some logistics, they send my clothes back to me, along with the charger. I can't tell you how much that meant to me.
In this day, customer service is what people will come back for! Thanks to the manager, Rachael, for her willingness to go out of her way for me!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
Seabonay, Guest Relations Manager at Seabonay Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 May 2011

Thank you for sharing your positive experience with everyone. We sincerely appreciate that you took the time to say "thank you" in this very public way. Raquel is a very special part of our team here, and we're pleased to pass on your kind words. We hope to see you again, soon!

Reviewed 28 April 2011

Great location and directly on a beautiful private romantic beach. We can't wait to come back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank chicagodoc7

Thank you for taking the time to share your positive experience with us and everyone here on Trip Advisor. We sincerely appreciate your feedback, and are so glad you had an enjoyable stay. We are looking forward to seeing you back again soon!

Reviewed 14 April 2011

We stayed for 4 nights on an oceanview one bedroom suite. Very clean and spacious room. Amazing beach. Very friendly and helpful staff. Rates were very reasonable. We will come back.....

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
5.1 km away
Fort Lauderdale Marriott Pompano Beach Resort & Spa
4.4 km away
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beach Hotel & Suites
Best Western Plus Deerfield Beac...
#7 of 18 in Deerfield Beach
2.3 km away
Royal Blues Hotel
Royal Blues Hotel
#5 of 18 in Deerfield Beach

Been to Seabonay Beach Resort? Share your experiences!