“Always great service and food!”

The Pines Lakefront
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

Holidays or not this is always a wonderful place for date night, family dinner, or Sunday Bloody Mary brunch.

Reviewed 13 January 2018 via mobile

I was very excited to eat here after reading the menu offerings including venison, elk, boar, and duck!! My wife and I decided on The Pines for dinner for our first night at the lake. We had two apps, the sautéed mushrooms and a special of stuffed artichoke hearts. Both were very tasty but could have definitely used a little more love from the Chef, the artichokes were supposed to be broiled to golden brown and the cheese was only slightly melted with un-toasted bread crumbs on top. For entrees I had the game sampler and my wife the swordfish special. Again a little bit of love from the Chef would have helped these dishes rise from just ok to great, the mashed potatoes were not warm however everything else was prepared well and was quite tasty, I was especially impressed with the cut of swordfish my wife was served! We were excited for dessert but as we were finishing up, our waitress came over to inform us that her shift was over and was going to be closing out our check and that if we wanted anything else we could order from the other gentleman whom would come and check on us in a few minutes. From my point of view this is just poor form. You can’t stick around 15 more minutes to finish out your last table of the night? And guess what, the other server never even came to check on us so we ended up leaving dessert-less!
Get some people who want to be there (Chef, Server) and this place could be amazing, great location/view and food quality, but it all means nothing if you can’t execute, especially when there were only three tables in the restaurant. The host/ maitre d was great, very welcoming and kind, but probably wouldn’t return.

4  Thank Afossani
Reviewed 28 December 2017

We came here for Christmas Dinner. The first time we had been there. Nice atmosphere inside and nice view of lake. The service was friendly and quick. Salads and bread were delicious. I received my lobster first. My husbands and another guest order was wrong and sent back. I requested baked potato received mashed, but what the heck, I could live with it. I didnt want to be rude so I waited for the others to receive their order. After awhile my husband told me to eat before it got cold. Too late. The tail was very tough and seemed overcooked....Maybe because it was cold? My husband received his order and said it was good. Our guest didnt receive his until we were finished. The staff was very apologetic and gave us a discount. Don't know what the problem was in the kitchen, maybe understaffed for a holiday. Were game to try it again.

Reviewed 16 December 2017

The service was excellent. Te wine list was extensive with many by the glass options. While the view wasn't the greatest last night - it was dark, we've been there in the summer when the sun sets much later over their great lake view. The bread pudding sauce is particularly recommended.

Reviewed 14 December 2017 via mobile

We went for a couple of reasons and the first one was primarily the exotic menu. Second was the location. We ordered wild boar, venison, duck & elk. All delicious and we were not let down.

1  Thank diverdownfbh