“Yummy curry dish!”
Review of Royal Thai Cafe

Royal Thai Cafe
Ranked #27 of 75 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 27 September 2018

We came here for lunch and I was pleasantly surprised that the yellow curry dish was quite tasty. It was spicy enough for my palate and had a decent amount of chicken, potatoes, and carrots in the dish. My husband had the satay chicken skewers and he thought they were okay. If we are visiting in Big Bear again, we will definitely come back and try some other dishes.

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 22 September 2018 via mobile

I eat in Big Bear Village fairly often and had never eaten here before. I decided to give it a try because I consider my self to be a good judge for Thai food since I eat it in every ski town and major city, I kind of know what’s good, better and best option when it comes to Thai.

This particular restaurant isn’t very big. It does have indoor and outside dining. Beer and wine are served. Friendly staff and Food was cooked quickly and was really good. Be careful when ordering your Spivey dishes. This place is no joke and if you order your food spicy, it will come very spicy so be careful. Overall a good restaurant but not great or the best I have ever had.

Date of visit: September 2018
Reviewed 30 August 2018 via mobile

Let's face it... Good food can be hard to find in any tourist area like Big Bear. This is pretty darn good Thai food. Only complaint is the heat is not consistent. We order our food medium and this last time it was super spicy... Almost like the container to the red pepper flakes fell off while they were seasoning our food. This was one time though and we've eaten here often. Great service, clean place. Even has a few tables outside.

1  Thank Jennifer S
Reviewed 26 August 2018

As a lover of authentic Thai food we were excited to see there was a Thai Cafe close to where we were staying for our small vacation to Big Bear Lake.

We ordered the take out service, but some of the dishes were dissapointing, and the flavours seemed to have more indian influence than Thai. Apparently this is explained in part because the people preparing the food are infact Indian, not Thai.

The sweet and sour chicken did not taste or look anything like any version I have had, and some would say also this is more a chinese dish than Thai.

The chicken satays had a strong cumin taste which while its used occasionally in Thai food should never be a strong taste and it was apparent in this dish.

The chicken red and green curries had an authentic taste to them, but overall it was a rather dissapointing experience.

Im also not usually so critical but I felt that this restaurant would be better served if it labelled itself a Thai-Indo fusion food, as much as I dislike "fusion cooking" it would have at least been a more accurate explanation for customers.

1  Thank richardderothschild
Reviewed 17 August 2018

Nice rolls and noodle dishes the mao the best with japalinos Service nice but a little slow Eating outside was a beautiful bonus