“Decent Food”
Review of Royal Thai Cafe

Royal Thai Cafe
Ranked #27 of 75 Restaurants in Big Bear Lake
Reviewed 9 June 2018 via mobile

This place had good food but it’s very limited. It’s not a full thai food restaurant. My husband ordered the pad Thai and he said it tastes like it had some BBQ flavored sauce in it. He figured it may be Peruvian? We also ordered chicken satay which was good. The red curry and yellow curry were also good.

Date of visit: March 2018

Reviewed 24 May 2018 via mobile

If you are looking for authentic Thai food, I don’t recommend it. But the service is quite good and the staff is nice.

Date of visit: May 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018

My Girlfriend and I ate here recently and the food was great. I got the Pad Thai and my Girlfriend got the yellow curry and tom yum soup. It was great and the service was amazing!

Date of visit: February 2018
Reviewed 28 January 2018

The food is not what we expected, specially the authenticity of Thai food. Parking is heavy during weekends and holidays. We should have tried some other restaurants in the Village. My advice...check some other reastaurants near the vicinity.

Date of visit: November 2017
1  Thank joelmatt68
Reviewed 16 December 2017

We wanted some kind of Asian food so we came here around 2pm Saturday. We really didn’t expect any Asian food to be authentic up here. Restaurant wasn’t too crowded so we were seated immediately. There is a small patio outside, mostly full there since people like to take in the sights of the village. We ordered a pad-see-ew, fried rice, and a bowl of tom yum soup. For me, I thought the food was OK, maybe slightly above average. If 4-star means Very Good, then I don’t think its there. Pad-see-ew was slightly bland, fried rice was OK. Tom yum soup was OK, it was spicy but I thought it was not authentic. I believe the restaurant is not owned by Thai. Our waiter was very nice and friendly. Prices are in line with any other resort town, slightly higher but not out of whack. I guess since this is the only Thai restaurant in town, there is no other choice if you are craving for it.

Date of visit: December 2017